Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!! I have got a question - is that true that a student from the EU cannot apply for a student LOAN for costs of living? Help, help, help, I am aware that my patents cannot afford covering all my costs of living therefore I was preparing a students LOAN application and then I got an e-mail from SAAS that then are not giving aby loans to students from EU. What can I do now??????

ReputationRep:
    Why should you be eligible for a SAAS loan? Speak you your home country's government about funding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmc:producer)
    Why should you be eligible for a SAAS loan? Speak you your home country's government about funding.
    In my country (Poland) there are No student loans because education is free and the majority of the people lives with their parents

ReputationRep:
    As an EU student you only become eligible for full support (loan, bursary etc) if you had lived in the UK for the last 3 years prior to the start of your course and don't already hold a degree - you need to meet their residency requirements which you can find on SAAS website. Otherwise they will only cover your tuition fees.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, education is free. You're fortunate enough to be able to come for free education where our English neighbours from as little as two hours down the road by car need to pay over £20,000 for their education.

Get a job to support yourself. Save up if need be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmc:producer)
    Exactly, education is free. You're fortunate enough to be able to come for free education where our English neighbours from as little as two hours down the road by car need to pay over £20,000 for their education.

Get a job to support yourself. Save up if need be.
    Have you heard of Student Finance Services European Team? I heard that there is a possiblity that they can give me some kind of a loan.

ReputationRep:
    Getting a decent-wage part time job and sharing a flat in Scotland with your tuition fees paid for you is really not an issue, haven't heard of that team you've mentioned but as far as I'm concerned there's nothing else than SAAS that can give you money on fair terms. There are also student bank accounts that allow for huge interest-free overdrafts but then again, banks' t&c's to set up one require you to live in the UK for a minimum of 3 years

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.