Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Found out our coursework task today and I'm so stressed we have to compare two novels one post and one pre-2000
    Really not sure what I could compare
    I would like to do something like rebecca and compare the gothic or supernatural or maybe 1984 Orwell and another disytopian novel. But I'm having a real difficulty finding some substantial literary novels that I can compare with as they have to be very highly prestigious novels but I have found the 2000s not to have many literary acclaimed novels?
    Any thoughts of novels in 2000s I could use? Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Imsophie)
    Found out our coursework task today and I'm so stressed we have to compare two novels one post and one pre-2000
    I would like to do something like rebecca and compare the gothic or supernatural or maybe 1984 Orwell and another disytopian novel. But I'm having a real difficulty finding some substantial literary novels that I can compare with as they have to be very highly prestigious novels but I have found the 2000s not to have many literary acclaimed novels?
    I could list a dozen novels post-2000, but I've not obviously going to do that... You need to decide on what topic you're going to focus on. Only then, myself and others can help you a bit more.

Anything by these novelists: Stephen King (Gothic/Horror/Suspense/Crime), Ian McEwan (drama/crime), Margaret Atwood (dystopian/presentation of women).
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro is a good dystopian novel, and shortlisted for the Booker Prize

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely go with Never Let Me Go as it is a great novel because has a lot of context behind it and it represents a dystopian society. You could also go with Frankenstein but it is a bit mundane.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.