Literature Coursework ideas Watch

Imsophie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Found out our coursework task today and I'm so stressed we have to compare two novels one post and one pre-2000
Really not sure what I could compare
I would like to do something like rebecca and compare the gothic or supernatural or maybe 1984 Orwell and another disytopian novel. But I'm having a real difficulty finding some substantial literary novels that I can compare with as they have to be very highly prestigious novels but I have found the 2000s not to have many literary acclaimed novels?
Any thoughts of novels in 2000s I could use? Thanks
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Imsophie)
Found out our coursework task today and I'm so stressed we have to compare two novels one post and one pre-2000
I would like to do something like rebecca and compare the gothic or supernatural or maybe 1984 Orwell and another disytopian novel. But I'm having a real difficulty finding some substantial literary novels that I can compare with as they have to be very highly prestigious novels but I have found the 2000s not to have many literary acclaimed novels?
I could list a dozen novels post-2000, but I've not obviously going to do that... You need to decide on what topic you're going to focus on. Only then, myself and others can help you a bit more.

Anything by these novelists: Stephen King (Gothic/Horror/Suspense/Crime), Ian McEwan (drama/crime), Margaret Atwood (dystopian/presentation of women).
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro is a good dystopian novel, and shortlisted for the Booker Prize
zweeden99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would definitely go with Never Let Me Go as it is a great novel because has a lot of context behind it and it represents a dystopian society. You could also go with Frankenstein but it is a bit mundane.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (1)
1.47%
No (67)
98.53%

Watched Threads