Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Since I've started my highers now I was wondering if the How to Pass books are any good for either Maths, Physics, Chemistry or English? I used them for N5 and found them to be really helpful and want to know if its the same for higher.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, the Bright Red study guides are the best resource for revision because they're concise and explain everything in a thorough way without waffling. I also have a 20% off code that I got a while back if you're buying from their website directly, message me if you'd like it as I'm not sure if I am allowed to post it on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank$)
    Since I've started my highers now I was wondering if the How to Pass books are any good for either Maths, Physics, Chemistry or English? I used them for N5 and found them to be really helpful and want to know if its the same for higher.
    They are very good for English and Physics and quite good for Maths.
    Something which I've mentioned to others who ask these questions, check with your teachers in case they give you a copy for the year - little point buying the book when your school lends you a copy for the duration of the course.

ReputationRep:
    How to Pass books are dire, get a study textbook like a brightred one and model papers instead

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.