Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I'm in year 11 just finished my GCSE's -- well 3 exams left. When I'm older I want to go into investment banking hopefully in the USA as the UK bores me (sorry) 😂 I want to take maths at uni by far my favourite subject however I'm sort of getting back into wanting to do Astrophysics at Uni because it interests me so much -- so I don't know if I should go for the money (banking) or for job satisfaction (astrophysics). Anyway to the real dilemma, my current A level choices are Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics however I'm thinking now whether i should take Economcis or Chemistry -- these two would obviously be AS level so dropped after the year. If anyone can advise me that'd be great-- basically I haven't took economics at GCSE so I know barely anything about it apparently this writing based - as far as chemistry apparently it's one of the hardest science and I defiantly find chemistry and biology equally boring at GCSE 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willg66)
    Okay so I'm in year 11 just finished my GCSE's -- well 3 exams left. When I'm older I want to go into investment banking hopefully in the USA as the UK bores me (sorry) 😂 I want to take maths at uni by far my favourite subject however I'm sort of getting back into wanting to do Astrophysics at Uni because it interests me so much -- so I don't know if I should go for the money (banking) or for job satisfaction (astrophysics). Anyway to the real dilemma, my current A level choices are Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics however I'm thinking now whether i should take Economcis or Chemistry -- these two would obviously be AS level so dropped after the year. If anyone can advise me that'd be great-- basically I haven't took economics at GCSE so I know barely anything about it apparently this writing based - as far as chemistry apparently it's one of the hardest science and I defiantly find chemistry and biology equally boring at GCSE 😂
    For investment banking, both of those will suffice, it barely matters. I'd say pick Economics purely based ob the fact thqt you find Chem at GCSE boring. You wouldn't want something that bores you at AS. For Econ, it'll take a while to get the hang of everything but once you do its smooth sailing*

ReputationRep:
    Definitely take economics, if you find chemistry boring at GCSE then you'll struggle at AS to keep interested

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.