Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WARWICK: It seems as if people are being FORCED to attend 'consent workshops' Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think about a year or so back, there was this hoo-ha with a student being invited to attend a consent workshop. He was disgruntled as he felt he was being labelled as a potential rapist because he is male.

However, I just found this page on the SU website about the 'I <3 Consent' workshop. I know there is a message on the page saying that the website is being updated, but still...

I am going to be starting at Warwick in September, and do not like the idea of two people from every society being forced to attend this absurd workshop. It should at least be OPTIONAL.

The following statements are particularly concerning:

"Attendance at these workshops will be mandatory for at least two members of each society and sport executive committee. Sports and societies will be encouraged to talk to their members about the issues raised and even run their own ‘I Heart Consent’ campaigns."

"***Disclaimer*** Please be sensitive when talking to your executive members about who is going to attend, as the workshops discuss issues of a sensitive nature which some people may find triggering."

For f*** sake!

EDIT: Just noticed I've probably put this in the wrong forum. So if a mod could move it that'd be great.

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    just deal with it you snobby prick

ReputationRep:
    What a ****ing stupid trend. As if people don't have better things to do.

ReputationRep:
    You'd think they'd ask for consent to attend the consent workshops.

ReputationRep:
    academia is a breeding ground for left-wing feminist degeneracy. it started in the US and its slowly making its way to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Mandatory workshops on consent? That's disgraceful. That's absolutely insulting and degrading. I would write to a newspaper to shed light on this because that is just steeped in irony.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, suck it up; it's an hour of your time. If the whole thing prevents a single rape or sexual assault, it'll have been worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    It's not the end of the world. You're being forced to attend a workshop, not forced to have sex against your will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offhegoes)
    It's not the end of the world. You're being forced to attend a workshop, not forced to have sex against your will.
    And unless you only join societies with only yourself and one other person as members, you are not being forced to go at all...

ReputationRep:
    And Warwick was one of the places I wanted to go to as well...

ReputationRep:
    I'm under the impression that the two members of each society are meant to be from the society's committee. Stop whinging, you're not being made to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Oh, suck it up; it's an hour of your time. If the whole thing prevents a single rape or sexual assault, it'll have been worthwhile.
    cuck detected

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.