Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just want to know in the graph scetching problems, does the shape of the graph need to be very accurate or do you just need the kinda correct shape and the coordinates? I have made an example below for a question. Is both my answers going to get full marks? You can see 2 is much more accurate.

Question 2(a): http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20120307.pdf

my answers are attached.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    I just want to know in the graph scetching problems, does the shape of the graph need to be very accurate or do you just need the kinda correct shape and the coordinates? I have made an example below for a question. Is both my answers going to get full marks? You can see 2 is much more accurate.

Question 2(a): http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20120307.pdf

my answers are attached.
    They would both get full marks, important things are having turning points labelled and in the correct quadrant and roots in the correct position.

ReputationRep:
    yeah you've just got to show a shape that meets the graph at positive and negative points where it is supposed to pretty much...

If you had f(x) and f(2x) drawn exactly the same with the different co-ordinates marked then you would get full marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    They would both get full marks, important things are having turning points labelled and in the correct quadrant and roots in the correct position.
    (Original post by splashywill)
    yeah you've just got to show a shape that meets the graph at positive and negative points where it is supposed to pretty much...

If you had f(x) and f(2x) drawn exactly the same with the different co-ordinates marked then you would get full marks
    Thanks guys, but look at second part, I have attached mark scheme, it says stuff about gradient and cusp?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Man, you guys are quick though. Love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    Thanks guys, but look at second part, I have attached mark scheme, it says stuff about gradient and cusp?
    Is this for a modulus graph?

ReputationRep:
    Is this for a modulus graph?
    Yes same paper same question, second part of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    Yes same paper same question, second part of it.
    Alright, so the only addendum is that key features are turning points in correct quadrants, roots in correct positions and for modulus graphs, make sure the "turning points" are not perfectly curved, i.e: don't have 0 gradients.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, so the only addendum is that key features are turning points in correct quadrants, roots in correct positions and for modulus graphs, make sure the "turning points" are not perfectly curved, i.e: don't have 0 gradients.
    I'm sorry but can you give me an example about the modulus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    I'm sorry but can you give me an example about the modulus?
    The markscheme you linked is an example.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.