Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the genuine stereotypes that England has against Russians? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I never really looked into this, I always thought it was European countries (forgive my ignorance) that didn't like asian/ black countries.

All I ever hear about is how some english don't like arabs and indians and that but that's all I've ever heard of, do they hate Russians as much as these guys?

ReputationRep:
    They're thugs generally. What's not to hate?

ReputationRep:
    I love the Russians.
    It would be nice if we leave the EU, then NATO, then we can annex ourselves onto Russia

ReputationRep:
    Ivan helped to defeat the Nazi menace .... but then we had the cold war... then the fall of communism... now Putin is getting out of hand & sending his Ultras to have a go at our Lads... :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    Lots of stereotypes.

Shite at driving, brutal on the roads. Racist. Fashion sense that you wouldn't even see in 1980s northern England. Drink vodka for breakfast. Turn up to the gym like "I'm here for the football violence classes?" "yes just down there past the pilates and aerobics and it's on your right".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Lots of stereotypes.

Shite at driving, brutal on the roads. Racist. Fashion sense that you wouldn't even see in 1980s northern England. Drink vodka for breakfast. Turn up to the gym like "I'm here for the football violence classes?" "yes just down there past the pilates and aerobics and it's on your right".
    I can believe this, saw a video a while ago of them ganging up and going onto trains and beating ethnic minorities.

ReputationRep:
    We probably wouldn't have a problem with Putin if he didn't keep sending his damn jets into our air space all the time :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubba_Hubba)
    I can believe this, saw a video a while ago of them ganging up and going onto trains and beating ethnic minorities.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ca/8951098.stm

Nigeria striker Osaze Odemwingie has hit out at fans of his former club in Russia, following apparently racist banners targeted at him last weekend.

Photographs showed Lokomotiv Moscow fans celebrating the sale of Odemwingie to West Bromwich Albion.

One (above) included the image of a banana and read "Thanks West Brom".
    Can't wait for Russia 2018 :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.