Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is this world full of *****? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Or the majority. Especially the ones you think are your friends.

Case study 1:

Met a girl off here, had a bit of a crush on her but then I was only 19 so naive.

Didn't ever get to meet her in irl, although we chatted a lot on MSN and stuff, but she never was really my true friend despite always referring me as her best friend. Sending me cards through the post on how much she cared about me etc. I told her stuff I'd never told anyone, I trusted her. She got a bf (also off here, I knew before she told me and it was pretty meh) but I also knew deep down she was stringing me along in an amorous context, serial offender there though as she had done to a few guys off here). Anyway, the last email I ever got offf her, out of the blue, was her telling me to piss off for NO REASON. She had basically got tired of using me and was bored and decided to cut off our "friendship". But I mean there are less brutal ways surely? This is a girl who is a doctor now btw.

Case study 2:

Met this guy off soundcloud we had a lot in common and were into the same music, we went to a few music nights etc and for food and talked a lot about our respective mental health isuses, so we had an understanding.

Then, mid convo, he deletes and blocks me on Facebook. Why? I am at a loss.

So to fight fire with fire, I think if you become a **** yourself you'll progress more. Dog eat dog and all that. So no more Mr Nice Guy.

Just lose faith in humanity tbh.:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Lose faith in Humanity?
    Try to watch England play.

ReputationRep:
    Meet people and make friends in real life, not online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Meet people and make friends in real life, not online.
    They're just as bad tbh.

At least you can build up a rapport before deciding if and when to meet online.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Move on tbh. Ive had these things happening before where i think ive my bff friends for life and suddenly they all become busy with their own life and we slowly stopped talking. You just have to reflect and think that you didnt really regret it...did you? It felt good telling them things didnt it? You let some weight off your shoulders at that moment in time. Things dont last forever, move on. The internet changes all the time. I could never imagine myself on tsr but here i am and i love it. I know i wont be here forever but i wont regret it. :hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Move on tbh. Ive had these things happening before where i think ive my bff friends for life and suddenly they all become busy with their own life and we slowly stopped talking. You just have to reflect and think that you didnt really regret it...did you? It felt good telling them things didnt it? You let some weight off your shoulders at that moment in time. Things dont last forever, move on. The internet changes all the time. I could never imagine myself on tsr but here i am and i love it. I know i wont be here forever but i wont regret it. :hoppy:
    Yeah I accept people grow up and move on, my best mate had a child in September and I haven't seen or heard from him in 3 months and probably never will again-maybe it's bitterness, maybe it's acute loneliness. I don't know. But it makes you think more about the people that have wronged you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Yeah I accept people grow up and move on, my best mate had a child in September and I haven't seen or heard from him in 3 months and probably never will again-maybe it's bitterness, maybe it's acute loneliness. I don't know. But it makes you think more about the people that have wronged you.
    Stop relying on people to make your life interesting.
    Spend more time with your family.
    Spend time with your colleagues or peers.
    Do something that excites you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Stop relying on people to make your life interesting.
    Isn't that the point in friendship? And humanity? Were we put on this earth alone? No.

Spend more time with your family.
    I do. It's all I do. It's not the same though.

Spend time with your colleagues or peers.
    I don't have a job. By peers you mean friends right? Don't have any of them either

Do something that excites you.

I already do, I make music, but it's a pretty solitary thing

ReputationRep:
    You must've did something come on, think hard

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that the point in friendship? And humanity? Were we put on this earth alone? No.

I do. It's all I do. It's not the same though.

I don't have a job. By peers you mean friends right? Don't have any of them either

I already do, I make music, but it's a pretty solitary thing
    Are you studying? Do you not have friends at school or college or uni or something?
    To be honest it's difficult to find a good and honest friend these days, maybe if you don't start online because its not a great place for friends. Become part of a local club or start a part time job where you'll meet some colleagues.
    Making music doesn't have to be solitary, isn't there a local club for music. Or maybe a society you could join?

ReputationRep:
    Are you studying? Do you not have friends at school or college or uni or something?
    To be honest it's difficult to find a good and honest friend these days, maybe if you don't start online because its not a great place for friends. Become part of a local club or start a part time job where you'll meet some colleagues.
    Making music doesn't have to be solitary, isn't there a local club for music. Or maybe a society you could join?
    I'm not studying, no. Will be in September if things go to plan.

I work on and off for my Dad but only less than 16 hours a week, I'm signed off work with mental health problems, I volunteer but there's nobody there I would call a friend.

I had friends at uni but I haven't seen them in years, god knows where my college friends are now.

Making music is pretty solitary as it's basically done in your bedroom with a computer, yes I could make music with someone else in their studio/bedroom but it's finding that person first.

In all honesty I can't be bothered to put the effort into forging friendships due to previous shortfalls.

ReputationRep:

I work on and off for my Dad but only less than 16 hours a week, I'm signed off work with mental health problems, I volunteer but there's nobody there I would call a friend.

I had friends at uni but I haven't seen them in years, god knows where my college friends are now.

Making music is pretty solitary as it's basically done in your bedroom with a computer, yes I could make music with someone else in their studio/bedroom but it's finding that person first.

In all honesty I can't be bothered to put the effort into forging friendships due to previous shortfalls.
    Then work with what you have. Be your own friend fam. Lets do this. Who said you need friends to continue with life, just let friends come your way if you cant be asked to put in any more effort.
    Spend time on yourself.
    Yay.

ReputationRep:
    becuz da illuminati caused dis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    You must've did something come on, think hard
    Hold on, let me check...

Processing............

Loading, please wait.........

Computer says no.

ReputationRep:

You make music? Seriously? Have I actually found someone on TSR that also makes music on a computer? I might be jumping ahead a bit, but you know DAW(s)? What DAW(s) do you use? We can continue via PM if you like.

ReputationRep:
    Or the majority. Especially the ones you think are your friends.

Case study 1:

Met a girl off here, had a bit of a crush on her but then I was only 19 so naive.

Didn't ever get to meet her in irl, although we chatted a lot on MSN and stuff, but she never was really my true friend despite always referring me as her best friend. Sending me cards through the post on how much she cared about me etc. I told her stuff I'd never told anyone, I trusted her. She got a bf (also off here, I knew before she told me and it was pretty meh) but I also knew deep down she was stringing me along in an amorous context, serial offender there though as she had done to a few guys off here). Anyway, the last email I ever got offf her, out of the blue, was her telling me to piss off for NO REASON. She had basically got tired of using me and was bored and decided to cut off our "friendship". But I mean there are less brutal ways surely? This is a girl who is a doctor now btw.

Case study 2:

Met this guy off soundcloud we had a lot in common and were into the same music, we went to a few music nights etc and for food and talked a lot about our respective mental health isuses, so we had an understanding.

Then, mid convo, he deletes and blocks me on Facebook. Why? I am at a loss.

So to fight fire with fire, I think if you become a **** yourself you'll progress more. Dog eat dog and all that. So no more Mr Nice Guy.

Just lose faith in humanity tbh.:sigh:
    It have to be both nice and mean.
    You can't just be nice all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeskeyLAD)
    You make music? Seriously? Have I actually found someone on TSR that also makes music on a computer? I might be jumping ahead a bit, but you know DAW(s)? What DAW(s) do you use? We can continue via PM if you like.
    Ableton and Reason, but mainly Abelton. Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/indaya-uk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.