The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

james101
Does anyone know anything about them, also are they illegal in the UK? Ive heard that some people have bought them from an american website and got them sent to the uk.

Does anyone own one here?

Thanks

They may well be illegal in the UK, but if all else fails order one online or make one in your school's electronics lab. PCB's for them are available on the net.
My dad works for S019 and i assure they are very much illegal.
james101
Does anyone know anything about them, also are they illegal in the UK? Ive heard that some people have bought them from an american website and got them sent to the uk.

Does anyone own one here?

Thanks

http://www.guns2u.com/products/stun_guns/index.htm

Try these.
If you own a taser... you are liable to get:

a) shot
b) arrested

it comes under the same category as a firearm.
Reply 5
Why would anyone want one for non criminal purposes?
the same as c.s spray, self defence i'd imagine.
Reply 7
Mad_Monkey59
the same as c.s spray, self defence i'd imagine.

maybe, though they're slightly more extreame than c.s spray
Well the technology is different but the results are similar, non-lethal alternative to guns, but essentially Tasers are much more effective.

The ones the police are training with stopped what is widely seen as the hardest man alive, dead in his tracks.
Reply 9
Have you any idea how big you would have to make the capacitors.
Excuse me? - are u saying you want to make one?

I dont think i understood your question.
Reply 11
Mad_Monkey59
Well the technology is different but the results are similar, non-lethal alternative to guns, but essentially Tasers are much more effective.

The ones the police are training with stopped what is widely seen as the hardest man alive, dead in his tracks.

who is seen as the hardest man alive?
apparently the chief of unarmed combat in the american marines... 'Hans' or something like that.
Reply 13
oh ok, its easy to buy them from the internet, if you do get one just make sure you dont get caught by the police, easy as that.
okay... if u have one what would you do with it?

- self defense, you'll end up in prison.

- carrying it incase of assault... you could end up getting shot.

It is like carrying a magnum or ak47 around with you.
Reply 15
u wont get arrested if you have one, you will probaly get a caution something like that, if i get one i will probaly use it for self defence, if i get in a fight i would probaly just punch them but if its more than one ill use it lol, there are hardly any police round my area anyway so they wont stop me, why would they.
Its a firearm...

SO19 shoot people for carrying table legs in bags... lighters that look like guns.

If someone sees you with a taser... it might be my dads relief that come to arrest you... you could get shot, you will get arrested.

It is not worth the risk.
Reply 17
well i wont walk around with it in my hand showing everyone, and if they do stop me i will give it to them i wont pretend its a gun and get shot, i do have common sence.
glad to hear it... good luck to ya.
Reply 19
Tasers are funny.

Latest

Trending

Trending