Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it wrong to go on holiday with family? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm 23 - but a young sort of 23. What I mean by that is some people my age might look about 30, beards, confidence etc. I look about 18, and I don't feel i'm 23 whatsoever.

In work, they were all laughing at me as they found out I'm going abroad next week with my Mum and Nan. My Mum split from her partner, and my Grandad died so that's why it's just us 3.

Thing is, I don't have anyone to go abroad on holiday with. I'd love to go on a lads holiday. I'm up for a laugh and something fun, but I just don't have anyone to go with. People I knew from school aren't interested, and people from Uni who are now living back at home won't even pay £7 bus fare to meet up, so they're not going to pay a few hundred for a holiday abroad.

It's the only chance of a holiday abroad this year, and I need some time to relax. Like I said, I'd love to go abroad with mates, but I don't have anyone for that. Is this that bad? Should I not be going on this holiday?

ReputationRep:
    i think that its wrong of people at laugh at you, also i don't think it matters who you go with just as long as you have a good time and you enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2scotty)
    Hi! I'm 23 - but a young sort of 23. What I mean by that is some people my age might look about 30, beards, confidence etc. I look about 18, and I don't feel i'm 23 whatsoever.

In work, they were all laughing at me as they found out I'm going abroad next week with my Mum and Nan. My Mum split from her partner, and my Grandad died so that's why it's just us 3.

Thing is, I don't have anyone to go abroad on holiday with. I'd love to go on a lads holiday. I'm up for a laugh and something fun, but I just don't have anyone to go with. People I knew from school aren't interested, and people from Uni who are now living back at home won't even pay £7 bus fare to meet up, so they're not going to pay a few hundred for a holiday abroad.

It's the only chance of a holiday abroad this year, and I need some time to relax. Like I said, I'd love to go abroad with mates, but I don't have anyone for that. Is this that bad? Should I not be going on this holiday?
    I think you should go! I went on a holiday recently with my mum, uncle and grandma (like with you, my parents split up and my grandpa passed away), and I had a really good time! We didn't go abroad (we don't have the money for that), but we did things we all wanted to do, so we all enjoyed it.

Many people (myself included) would love to be able to go on holiday abroad, I think you should take this opportunity, and stop being concerned about the fact it's not a lads holiday!

I apologise if that sounded kinda harsh, I just get a bit annoyed when people don't realise how lucky they actually are

ReputationRep:
    You go on holiday with whoever you like. They're probably just jealous that you are getting a nice (and potentially free) holiday and that you have a healthy relationship with your parents (which is sadly becoming rather uncommon from my experience).

Incidentally your whole young vs old 23 year old stuff was just nonsense, all you need to do to be an adult is to do your own think and take charge of your own actions/responsibilities. You can do this with a baby face or a bald head.

Having a beard doesn't make you an adult - as I tell my sister regularly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2scotty)

Nothing wrong bro.
    I wish I was in your position

ReputationRep:
    have a lovely holiday. send the :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:holes in the office a postcard signed by all of you

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.