Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd make a post for people to discuss answers and how they found it. I thought it was a really nice paper, wondered what people got for the matrice 6 mark question, my final answer was
    [2(3)^0.5
    2]
    (Pretty difficult to represent vectors in text)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollycostello)
    Thought I'd make a post for people to discuss answers and how they found it. I thought it was a really nice paper, wondered what people got for the matrice 6 mark question, my final answer was
    [2(3)^0.5
    2]
    (Pretty difficult to represent vectors in text)

i got that too i found it ok my mind just blanked so badly so i wzs kind of just winging the exam because all previous knowledge left my head( even though i did 40+ hours of revision)

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was very nice except the large mark questions, which were much harder than any previous questions I have done. Reckon about ~58 for an A due to those few questions alone.

ReputationRep:
    I found it to be one of the hardest exams I've attempted! Generally, the questions were okay bar from the complex numbers question and the second part of the summation question.

What did you guys get for your final answer of the logarithm question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EwanatTSR)
    I found it to be one of the hardest exams I've attempted! Generally, the questions were okay bar from the complex numbers question and the second part of the summation question.

What did you guys get for your final answer of the logarithm question?
    I got b as 0.398 or something (10^-0.4) and a as something high (10^2.5 I think?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickenslayer69)
    I got b as 0.398 or something (10^-0.4) and a as something high (10^2.5 I think?)
    Thats exactly what I got, pretty sure it's right.

The last question (part b I think) was like :

Find the x-coordinates of the intersection between y = (1/2)(x-1) and y = (x-1)/((x-2)(2x-1)) by forming a suitable cubiz equation.

I accidentally solved it with a quadratic and as a result only for 2 of the 3 points of intersection, how did anyone produce a cubic? Every way I tried it the (x-1)'s cancelled to get (x-2)(2x-1) - 2 = 0 (and then rearranged and factorised again)

ReputationRep:
    yeah I got 2 intersections originally but I think it was x=0, x=1, and x=2.5

I hardly remember any of the answers but I think the asymptotes were y=0, x=0.5 and x=2 and in the calculus question, the gradient was -3?

I found it quite a hard paper considering I ran out of time when usually time keeping is okay with this paper. I couldn't do the last part of the complex numbers question which wasted so much of my time. Does anyone know how to do it? Or remember any other answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franfroughi)
    yeah I got 2 intersections originally but I think it was x=0, x=1, and x=2.5

I hardly remember any of the answers but I think the asymptotes were y=0, x=0.5 and x=2 and in the calculus question, the gradient was -3?

I found it quite a hard paper considering I ran out of time when usually time keeping is okay with this paper. I couldn't do the last part of the complex numbers question which wasted so much of my time. Does anyone know how to do it? Or remember any other answers?
    I remember Im sure I got it right, but cant remember the exact wording. It worked out p = -+4, and you substituted that into the equation with q

ReputationRep:
    First equation was 14x2+8x+14=0 ?

ReputationRep:
    UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME OUT!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4168081

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollycostello)
    I remember Im sure I got it right, but cant remember the exact wording. It worked out p = -+4, and you substituted that into the equation with q
    UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME HAS COME OUT!

Please can you lemme know if you agree/disagree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henry_hong)
    UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME HAS COME OUT!

Please can you lemme know if you agree/disagree?

i agree with everything that i got for the questions i actually answered xD im hoping for just low enough grade boundaries for me to scrap a B(the marks i think i have got would have gotten me a B on previous years)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.