The Student Room Group

Student finance application approved..

Ok my parents submitted their bit of the application then within 3 days my student finance account was updated with the amount of maintenance loan etc and when the payments will be made. Is this right as they processed it really quickly and haven't asked for any evidence of my parents to be sent in? Or does it change as the weeks go by. Thanks!
Original post by Hannahsweet9
Ok my parents submitted their bit of the application then within 3 days my student finance account was updated with the amount of maintenance loan etc and when the payments will be made. Is this right as they processed it really quickly and haven't asked for any evidence of my parents to be sent in? Or does it change as the weeks go by. Thanks!

It might change -

The initial approval is an approval in principle - it shows that you're eligible to receive the basic non income assessed loan.

Once the income assessment is complete then the amount of loan may increase if your household income is low.

The website doesn't make it clear which stage you're at. If you're worried call up SFE and ask them if your household income assessment has been finished yet. Ideally do this with your parents in the room so that SFE can speak to them about their parts of the application - data protection means that you aren't authorised to know their details and they can't speak on your behalf without consent.

It is possible that evidence wont be required if your household income details can be sourced from HMRC - but it may also be that your forms have arrived at the busiest time of year and they haven't yet issued a request for evidence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending