Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much trouble could I get into for this? watch

I ordered pizza to some guys address more than 50 times from various companies within the span of 6 months. I hate this guy and what he put me through so I did it for revenge. I think he has informed the police. They are investigating. Will I get caught? What will be my punishment? I'm scared

If I changed my IP address, could they still trace it back to me?

Help

ReputationRep:
    How on Earth did you pay? :confused:

(Original post by Passion Fruit)
    How on Earth did you pay? :confused:
    I selected cash on delivery for all of them. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I selected cash on delivery for all of them. :/
    In that case, they could technically find you through your ISP, but they're unlikely to go to the trouble of obtaining a warrant. Even then I doubt it would hold up if it went to court and their most likely course of action would be intimidating you into signing a plea bargain. I could very well be wrong in all this however.

My advice is, you were an idiot, stop doing this right now and keep your head down

ReputationRep:
    I ordered pizza to some guys address more than 50 times from various companies within the span of 6 months. I hate this guy and what he put me through so I did it for revenge. I think he has informed the police. They are investigating. Will I get caught? What will be my punishment? I'm scared

If I changed my IP address, could they still trace it back to me?

Help
    STOP WITH THE LIFE STORIES. but you can prank me with pizza anytime big boi.

I may have also sent some nasty messages and possibly some racial slur to him.

How bad a position am I in now? What will be my punishment?

ReputationRep:
    I may have also sent some nasty messages and possibly some racial slur to him.

How bad a position am I in now? What will be my punishment?
    Should have used a paid vpn that keeps no logs.
    Then you probably would have been OK.

(Original post by fr0sr_)
    Should have used a paid vpn that keeps no logs.
    Then you probably would have been OK.
    I used a proxy site which used another IP address. But they could still trace it back to me, right?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.