Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys! I am going to be starting at BU in Sept and I have seen how crazy trying to get into Halls is.

I was wondering if there were any other people out there thinking the same and looking into a private house share?

I will be studying Computer Networks, and looking to make some new friends and have a laugh!

If anyone is in the same boat as me give me a message

Cheers,

Char

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was thinking exactly the same thing. I'm studying Psychology in September but I live in London so the entire private rent thing is proving soo difficult!
    But I'm determined. I've seen some really nice places too.
    You could consider lodging with someone?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Did you have any luck in finding a Houseshare?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

My name is Steve and I'm a student ambassador for BU here on The Student Room.

Private letting is a good alternative to halls with the main advantage being that you gain the experience of house hunting ready for the second year where everyone has to do it anyway! I stayed in private accommodation in my first year and it was every bit as good as halls in my opinion!

If you're looking for the halls experience but have missed out on the BU linked accommodation, there are a series of alternatives available that you can find here. These maybe worth considering if you're struggling to fill a house as well.

Good luck in your search for housemates and if you have any questions for an experienced Bournemouth tenant, give me a shout!

Steve Moss

ReputationRep:
    I was looking into the alternative accommodation as I didn't apply in time for the guaranteed accommodation from BU. I was looking at these two listed here for alternative accommodation blocks which looked quite nice:

https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/disco...lulworth-house
    https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/disco.../mercury-house

I would be interested in private house share as well, im just exploring all the options at the moment. Im doing Forensic Computing and Security so I imagine our courses would intertwine quite a bit. Shoot me a message sometime.

ReputationRep:
    Hi JamesCS,

Im interested in doing a private houseshare as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnrwilsonmusic)
    Hey, Did you have any luck in finding a Houseshare?
    We haven't started looking yet. We've just got fb details to talk about it more if you'd like to join?

ReputationRep:
    yea thatll be good if you could send the facebook details through

ReputationRep:
    Mine is Sofia Okesanjo. Add me and I'll add you to the conversation with Charlie

ReputationRep:
    Hi James,

I'm Charlie! Pleased to meet you! I have looked into those Accomodations but Lulworth House is already full and Mercury House works out at around £9000 a year so it's really expensive! So maybe private is a the way forward

ReputationRep:
    Aight pal, how many people you looking to house share with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesCS)
    Aight pal, how many people you looking to house share with?
    Ideally I'd like a 4 bed but 5's cool too. Tbh, the more people, the less rent it is I think so anything goes really. It depends more on the quality of the house and how many bathrooms it has, for me. Obviously everyone's needs gets taken into consideration

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.