Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I made a complaint to my mother's work regarding what I believe to be an absolute shite reason for doing something, could she be at risk of consequences, even though it was me making the complaint? She has already appealed against this decision but was rejected for the shite reason.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    What are youi making the complaint about? What's your link to the company?
    What do you mean by at risk?
    You really don't give enough information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    What are youi making the complaint about? What's your link to the company?
    What do you mean by at risk?
    You really don't give enough information.
    I have no link, its my mother's job. I mean could she be sacked, might seem ridiculous but people have been sacked for less. The complaint is about NHS blue badge, a parking pass.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you don't give any information. Are you complaining on her behalf about a decision against her? Against you?

"Shite reason" means nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elivercury)
    Yeah you don't give any information. Are you complaining on her behalf about a decision against her? Against you?

"Shite reason" means nothing.
    She was denied a blue badge (Free parking pass) several times on the basis she lived on a bus route, but the closest bus route requires her to drive there and the earliest bus is at 10. WTF kind of bus route is that. She starts at 9 so how they expect her to get there without parking fees i dont know. You might be thinking 'cheapskate' but i worked it out and it could potentially cost around £300-400 from what i remember and its not like shes only going to be there for a year, she could be there another 10 years so £3000-4000 down the drain
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by not_lucas1)
    I have no link, its my mother's job. I mean could she be sacked, might seem ridiculous but people have been sacked for less. The complaint is about NHS blue badge, a parking pass.
    You could complain on her behalf, but you have no locus standi, so they could just ignore you.

Whether they choose to sack her or not would have more to do with how long she has worked there.

Its still not clear what you are going on about. Blue Badge schemes are run by the Council. If you made a complaint would you feel confident in doing so?

Imo your mum is better off seen an advisor at CAB or a Law Centre or a Disability Rights worker, who can get an accurate idea of whats gone on, review her application, appeal and look whether her claim still has any merits. I cnat see your contribution would add to much at all. Blie Badges are serious issues and they dont hand them out easily.

ReputationRep:
    "blue badges" are usually for people with disabilities, not for working people to avoid parking charges - unless I have misunderstood something?

You can get a parking pass if there are no available bus routes. but if she can drive to one then technically she can get there

ReputationRep:
    Most people have to pay to travel and park to get to work - what makes your mum different?

ReputationRep:
    Don't get involved with your mum's work. That is an insane thing to do and will reflect really badly on your mum (especially given how you're phrasing the complaint). She is an adult and has to deal with this herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    Don't get involved with your mum's work. That is an insane thing to do and will reflect really badly on your mum (especially given how you're phrasing the complaint). She is an adult and has to deal with this herself.
    I suspect this is the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    300-400 a year is nothing for parking. my family was a one point paying 75 a month (900 overall) for travel/parking. she can cope spending a few hundred on parking.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Go and get your mum to see an advisor. You havent given sufficient cclear information from your posts, which raises questions about your ability to raise a complaint or for you to help your mum. If its Blue Badge and the Council then you don't explain why this is to do with the NHS.

There is no right of appeal for Blue Badges, except the Council can choose to offer one. When she lost the appeal they will have given her an expplanation. You need ti se the as the basis for understanding what has happened and whether you have any further rights or options beyond that.

If you dont know the rules, then you are going to get nowhere. Either do some research and help your mum with a fresh application or go and speak to someone who does know.

What sort of disabilities does your mum have? From my impression you misunderstand how the BB scheme works and what its for.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.