Sulaiman135
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have a test coming up and I'm in Year 7 and inequality with surds has come onto the revision list. I have no clue what it is. Can someone please help? 😃
Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sulaiman135)
I have a test coming up and I'm in Year 7 and inequality with surds has come onto the revision list. I have no clue what it is. Can someone please help? 😃
You'll need to be more specific, I'm afraid. What exactly do you mean by "inequalities with surds"? What specific problems do you have with them? Do you have an example where you can point out your confusion? Are you alright with non-surd inequalities?
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 7?! I don't even know inequality with surds means and I've just sat GCSE Maths
Sulaiman135
Rep:
?
Im fine with normal inequalities and all the revision sheet says is "inequalities with surds"😞
Sulaiman135
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zacken)
You'll need to be more specific, I'm afraid. What exactly do you mean by "inequalities with surds"? What specific problems do you have with them? Do you have an example where you can point out your confusion? Are you alright with non-surd inequalities?
Non surd inequalities are very easy and all the revision guide says is inequalities with surds"😞
Zacken
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Non surd inequalities are very easy and all the revision guide says is inequalities with surds"😞
You haven't answered any of my questions? What are "inequalities with surds"?
Imperion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
WTF are those lol
Sulaiman135
Rep:
?
(Original post by imperion)
wtf are those lol
not even i know
Zacken
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
not even i know
Do you not have any examples of them?

Are they just stuff like x + 3 > sqrt(2) or what?
Sulaiman135
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zacken)
Do you not have any examples of them?

Are they just stuff like x + 3 > sqrt(2) or what?
I think so!
Zacken
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think so!
They work just like normal inequalities, except the numbers are surds. Which are just numbers themselves.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All you can really do is practice adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing by surds, maybe rationalising if you have seen that but don't worry if you haven't. If it's revision, your teacher either likes challenging you or you missed a lesson where it's been taught, or you've been to a lesson about surds and he's just combining the two.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads