ReputationRep:
    50 50

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Welcome Squad
    I'm not so sure - Spain have a point to prove now after just scraping a win against Czech Republic

ReputationRep:
    Not many people are interested this year, are they?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That was very easy for Spain. Through to the second round they go.

ReputationRep:
    I think Spain have a fairly decent chance at going all the way, I was favouring Germany beforehand but after the disappointing 0-0 with Poland (and after Spain dominating Turkey) I'm not so sure now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That was the most convincing match of a close favorite. In this form, Spain has a great chance to win the EURO thrice in a row (unfortunately...). Good passing play, good understanding to each other and very effective in scoring. WHich team is able to stop Spain at the moment? France? Germany?! no way. Maybe Italy...

ReputationRep:
    My team turkey the worst this year at the Euros... Far behind all the other teams and way out of our depth.

It's very disappointing as we have a population of over 80m and a great passion for the sport here. Our problem however seems to be that all the talented young players (e.g gokahn Tore) let the money and fame get to their head, rather than trying to develop their game.

If you have a look at successful ethnic Turkish players such as Gundogan and Ozil; they were brought up in Germany and not Turkey.

Coincidence? Unlikely. Us as Turkish people have very poor attitude when things don't go our way, as seen last night with Arda and our fans booing him.

I'm supporting England from now onwards!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Berke0)
    x
    Looks like that you are more disappointing about the Fans than the Turkish team. I remember me the Play-off matches against Switzerland to the World Cup 2006. After elimination in return leg, there were many Fans in stadium who were freaking out. It seems these fans have not only a poor attitude to the team, but also a hot temper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Looks like that you are more disappointing about the Fans than the Turkish team. I remember me the Play-off matches against Switzerland to the World Cup 2006. After elimination in return leg, there were many Fans in stadium who were freaking out. It seems these fans have not only a poor attitude to the team, but also a hot temper.
    I don't remember that game as I was too young then. Though what you said doesn't surprise me given the angry nature of our fans. Most definitely have a hot temper
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Berke0)
    I don't remember that game as I was too young then. Though what you said doesn't surprise me given the angry nature of our fans. Most definitely have a hot temper
    I see. I wonder what the reason for this 'angry nature' is. Do you have an explanation for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I see. I wonder what the reason for this 'angry nature' is. Do you have an explanation for that?
    Because we are Turkish

ReputationRep:
    Awful defending but did well not have been 20-0 due to the 2nd half attack approach by Turkey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.