Dann_a
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Couldn't find a thread so created a new one
kentfedzi
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
How are you revising for unit 4?
unisheep
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
is this for 4a or 4b?
Dann_a
Rep:
(Original post by millie.gd)
is this for 4a or 4b?
4b
unisheep
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dann_a)
4b
ah okay good
retardis
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Anyone have notes for the spec? My folders a mess tbh so can't really revise from that. Also how did everyone find unit 3?
Dann_a
Rep:
(Original post by ******is)
Anyone have notes for the spec? My folders a mess tbh so can't really revise from that. Also how did everyone find unit 3?
I found the paper pretty good tbh
15marks on the control of MNCs was a dream
unisheep
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dann_a)
I found the paper pretty good tbh
15marks on the control of MNCs was a dream
The first question threw me a bit and I thought a lot of the questions were worded kinda strangely???
Dann_a
Rep:
(Original post by millie.gd)
The first question threw me a bit and I thought a lot of the questions were worded kinda strangely???
yeah like the one about "Moving operations"
luckily i worked out that in the exam that this didn't mean manufacturing
Dann_a
Rep:
Has anyone got practice questions for unit 4b?
Thushjah
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Finally i found a thread for this exam.
I am not too sure how to revise for this exam.
Has anyone got any practice questions please?
Thushjah
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
On TES site, they have got mock papers for unit4b but you have to pay and the paper is linked with the tobacco industry
retardis
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Thushjah)
On TES site, they have got mock papers for unit4b but you have to pay and the paper is linked with the tobacco industry
Highly recommend you buy it, it's really good exactly like a proper paper and comes with a mark scheme. There's two and only £4 each so well worth it.
poojashah
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
are there any other resources for revision??
EmilyImpossible
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
any predictions for 20 AND 30 marker?
ringo2810
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Based on previous 20 and 30 marks, one of them has always been about Market Failure in the industry, i.e. Tobacco Industry. I have a few predictions about the 20 and 30 mark questions:

1) Assess the effectiveness of competition authorities in correcting the market failure in the tobacco industry

2) Discuss how command and control measures can be effective in reducing the market failure in the tobacco industry

3) Assess whether the government was effective in correcting the market failure in the tobacco industry OR Evaluate the government's response to market failure in the tobacco industry

4) Assess the view that e-cigarettes are merit goods (most likely a 20 mark question)

5) Evaluate the extent to which regulation is needed in the tobacco industry

6) Assess the effectiveness of taxation as a method for reducing smoking

7) Evaluate how tobacco manufacturers might respond to the changing pattern of demand for cigarettes and e-cigarettes

Just to point out, if the question is similar to question 3, focus mainly on government failure rather than market failure. You can state the market failures and what the government has done to correct it but always link back to whether the method was effective in the evaluation.

Also, don't forget to write a conclusion at the end of the 20 and 30 marks.
Dann_a
Rep:
(Original post by ringo2810)
Based on previous 20 and 30 marks, one of them has always been about Market Failure in the industry, i.e. Tobacco Industry. I have a few predictions about the 20 and 30 mark questions:

1) Assess the effectiveness of competition authorities in correcting the market failure in the tobacco industry

2) Discuss how command and control measures can be effective in reducing the market failure in the tobacco industry

3) Assess whether the government was effective in correcting the market failure in the tobacco industry OR Evaluate the government's response to market failure in the tobacco industry

4) Assess the view that e-cigarettes are merit goods (most likely a 20 mark question)

7) Evaluate how tobacco manufacturers might respond to the changing pattern of demand for cigarettes and e-cigarettes

Just to point out, if the question is similar to question 3, focus mainly on government failure rather than market failure. You can state the market failures and what the government has done to correct it but always link back to whether the method was effective in the evaluation.

Agree with all apart from number 1
Although there has been a lot of high value mergers/takeovers the CMA has yet to block any of them and it's also not mentioned in the case study so you don't have much supporting evidence to use even though the examiners want a balance between own knowledge and case study evidence
EmilyImpossible
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ringo2810)

That sounds awfully difficult, haven't done the majority of that at school
ringo2810
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EmilyImpossible)
That sounds awfully difficult, haven't done the majority of that at school
If you want any help, I have some model answers and mark schemes to most of these question.
Hefty11
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Revision material anyone? Need some help on

A) Structure of answer in each question
B) Government Failure in relation to the market failure of the tobacco industry and how it relates to Vaping/E-cigarettes
C) How will i attain full marks? (Would be nice if some one gave me a link to something that explain each aspect of the answer I have to provide.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (117)
34.31%
Yes - a trusted person (92)
26.98%
No (90)
26.39%
I'm not sure (42)
12.32%

Watched Threads