Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did the Edexcel Higher GCSE for German this year and was wondering what UMS I would achieve with these marks for Speaking and Writing. I got 57/60 in Writing as a raw mark. I got 55/60 in Speaking as a raw mark. Would that get me 90 UMS in both Speaking and Writing? So a total of 180. Of course this is excluding the UMS for Listening and Reading...

ReputationRep:
    It would be just under full UMS, probably 87 and 84

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In fact, on the Edexcel website, there is a raw mark to UMS converter for every GCSE course .... Have a look on that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For my mocks back in January, my teacher used our best Controlled Assessmemt marks to give us a grade. I got 56/60 Raw Mark in Speakimg and 59/60 Raw Mark in Writing. These are the ones she is sending to the exam board because they were my best 4. She gave that as 90 UMS in both Speaking and Writing. Was she right to do this? She said you don't "necessarily" need 60/60 Raw Mark to get 90 UMS.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.