Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I was wondering when you get your results on results day day what does it say on it if you have done triple science does it say something like:

Core science- A
    Additional- A
    Triple- A*

Im confused

ReputationRep:
    No if you're on AQA
    You get biology grade
    Chemistry grade
    Physics grade
    But different exam boards do it differently

ReputationRep:
    Most exam boards give the grades as Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
    Which exam board are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Im doing Edexcel science (triple) and I get a gcse in biology, chemistry and physics.

ReputationRep:
    I do AQA and get a GCSE in: Core Science, Additional Science and Further Additional Science. It has been changed, I think, so the new people sitting it get a GCSE Biology, Chemistry and Physics instead. Not much of a difference really.

ReputationRep:
    there are two different papers for the unit 3 exams.

If on your B3/C3/P3 paper it says further additional science instead of Physics P3 for example, then you will see core science additional science and further additional science on your results sheet.

ReputationRep:
    I am doing Aqa for all of the tests

ReputationRep:
    So you get one grade overall for Biology, for all three of the tests you sit?
    And the same for the other two

If so i dont understand how would you be able to tell if youve done triple science or additional or just core

ReputationRep:
    For edexcel triple science you get 3 GCSEs. One for Bio, one for chem and one for physics no additional science things etc. They can tell you did triple by seeing that you have three GCSEs in three different sciences rather than just an general additional science gcse.

ReputationRep:
    Most boards offer the choice of chopping up the exams into:
    • Biology (all the Biology units), Chemistry and Physics or
    • Science (Units 1), Additional Science (Unit 2s) , Further Additional Science (Unit 3s).
    If you have taken all the exams this year then you have probably done Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The other option is generally used by schools who take Sience in Year 10.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.