ReputationRep:
    I take it no one read my what if comment earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    I take it no one read my what if comment earlier
    where is it? which one?

ReputationRep:
    "what if" history, altho fun has little point, IMO, events are influenced by such a huge range of factors that changing one doesnt not necessarily cause the oposite event to occur.
    when I say what if, i mean wondering what would of happened in history if a certain had or hadnt occured. The effects of such are to me incomprehenable and so all discussions are pointless.

ReputationRep:
    when I say what if, i mean wondering what would of happened in history if a certain had or hadnt occured. The effects of such are to me incomprehenable and so all discussions are pointless.
    For example: What if Hitler had died of something when only a young boy...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)

What If history is silly, it's far too conjectural

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I have to agree. If the Americans had left well enough alone, the 9/11 attack wouldn't have happened.
    I don't believe that.

But I suppose maybe if they hadn't let in fundamentalist muslims to settle there and reap all the benefits of the country, these muslims wouldn't want to destroy the things they hate so much about the country (liberty, wealth, power, etc).

It says in the Qur'an that an infidel is your enemy. Make of that what you will.

ReputationRep:
    Kill people in the name of God? I ask that, everyone asks that. What's it got to do with being American anyway....:confused:

And since when is a global good deed done without resistance anyway?

ReputationRep:
    sorry im going to continue the debate about hitlers aim in a seperate post as its clogging up this one unnecessarily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    [B]
    Why Does G.W.Bush kill ppl in the name of Freedom and "Good Life", All over the world?
    Freedom is a wonderful alternative to what the Iraqi citizens experienced under Saddam. Bush made the decision to go to war to help people that were oppressed.

I don't think people understand what a noble cause this is. Do you think Saddam was an angel? I think it is a good thing to kill a few to save hundreds of thousands from being tortured to death. Do you know what this man did? Here are some of his his methods of torture seen on video tapes:

Committing rape while the victim's spouse is forced to watch
    torture including electric shocks to a male's genitals
    pulling out fingernails
    suspending individuals from rotating ceiling fans
    Pouring boiling water into the victim's rectum
    Nailing the tongue to a wooden board
    Extracting teeth with pliers
    Using bees and scorpions to sting naked children in front of their parents
    dumping severed heads at families' doorsteps
    prisoners getting fed – alive – to Doberman pinschers
    breaking of limbs
    amputation
    dripping acid on a victim's skin
    gouging out eyes
    Crucifixion
    Spraying insecticides into a victim's eyes
    burning victims with a hot iron or blowtorch
    amputating the tongues of citizens who criticize him or his government

This is not some big secret. Do a google search and you can even see footage of this sort of thing happening.

Bush is justified in seeing to it that the people responsible for these atrocities are killed. It's for the benefit of the vast majority of the population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I have to agree. If the Americans had left well enough alone, the 9/11 attack wouldn't have happened.
    Please tell me what we did to deserve having 3000 of our civilians murdered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    What if someone said "if you left well enough alone, Hitler would not have attacked Britain?"

These people are bent on destroying western civilization. What we do or don't do isn't going to have much of an impact. I just hope Europe doesn't have to get attacked for you all to realize it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    Freedom is a wonderful alternative to what the Iraqi citizens experienced under Saddam. Bush made the decision to go to war to help people that were oppressed.
    George Bush himself has bever used the liberaton of the iraq people as a reason to go to war - his reasons, were WMDs and links to Al'Queda and terrorist organsations, the 'liberation' of the iraq people is merely a convenent marketing tool t explain the shortcomings and mistakes makde during the initial justification
    I don't think people understand what a noble cause this is. Do you think Saddam was an angel? I think it is a good thing to kill a few to save hundreds of thousands from being tortured to death. Do you know what this man did?
    No one is debating the fact that Sadman was a cruel and unjust despot, howver this alone is not a reason to go to war, the US is not the Police man of the world and as such has no jursdiction to go to war over someone elses crimes in their country.
    Committing rape while the victim's spouse is forced to watch
    torture including electric shocks to a male's genitals
    pulling out fingernails
    suspending individuals from rotating ceiling fans
    Pouring boiling water into the victim's rectum
    Nailing the tongue to a wooden board
    Extracting teeth with pliers
    Using bees and scorpions to sting naked children in front of their parents
    dumping severed heads at families' doorsteps
    prisoners getting fed – alive – to Doberman pinschers
    breaking of limbs
    amputation
    dripping acid on a victim's skin
    gouging out eyes
    Crucifixion
    Spraying insecticides into a victim's eyes
    burning victims with a hot iron or blowtorch
    amputating the tongues of citizens who criticize him or his government
    It seems wrong to mark these things down as irrelevant, but unfortuantely they are, cruelty and torture go on in every on nation earth ruled by dictators and many democtratic ones at that, Bush cannot justify going to war in order to end this suffering without bring justice to the Billions worldwde who live under repression - China???

Bush is justified in seeing to it that the people responsible for these atrocities are killed.
    Why who gves him the justification, is he held responsible to the president of Ertrea for what he does to US citizens? No, becasue that is not the way the world works, you cannot break internatonal laws, invade another country to bring about the downfall of anothe nations leader - in an ideal world maybe, but not in the current world

ReputationRep:
    What if someone said "if you left well enough alone, Hitler would not have attacked Britain?".
    Britain joined the war because Chamberlain said that if Poland was invaded Britian would have no choice but retaliate....(it s worth pointing out that Hitler proclaimed a great bond between the people of Britian and Germany and before Britian joined the war there was never any recorded plan of invading Britan - irrelevant however)

I just hope Europe doesn't have to get attacked for you all to realize it.
    errmm...Madrid??? We have been lving wth terrorism in Britian for decades, not on the scale of 9/11 of course but it is not an alien concept to us by any mean, ETA in france and spain etc....I live in Russia where my favourite reastaurant was almost blown up last year, I was on the moscow underground when the terrorist attack killed over a hundred people in, february, I met the Britsh hostages held durng the theatre seige....beng a victim of terrorism is neither a new nor uniquely American experience...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    No one is debating the fact that Sadman was a cruel and unjust despot, howver this alone is not a reason to go to war, the US is not the Police man of the world and as such has no jursdiction to go to war over someone elses crimes in their country.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I believe that is is a reason to go to war. I don't think it's right to look the other way when things of this nature are happening. Tens of thousands of people were dying every year in Iraq, WMD wasn't the sole reason we went in there. GWB's speeches made it very clear that this sort of cruelty was going on in Iraq when he sold the war to the American public.

ReputationRep:
    errmm...Madrid??? We have been lving wth terrorism in Britian for decades, not on the scale of 9/11 of course but it is not an alien concept to us by any mean, ETA in france and spain etc....I live in Russia where my favourite reastaurant was almost blown up last year, I was on the moscow underground when the terrorist attack killed over a hundred people in, february, I met the Britsh hostages held durng the theatre seige....beng a victim of terrorism is neither a new nor uniquely American experience...
    Yes, but the attack on September 11th was the largest terrorist attack in world history. I know about Spain, and I don't want to downplay it, but I think it is going to take an attack on the same severity as ours, in Europe, before you all recognize the threat that the middle east poses to western civilization. It may never happen, but I fear it will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    KOH... do u know what the goals of alqaeda are?

I Know, and i dont say that i agree with that. But one point has to be maid:

Who Run that cell, and who trained him???

HMMMMM

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but the attack on September 11th was the largest terrorist attack in world history. I know about Spain, and I don't want to downplay it, but I think it is going to take an attack on the same severity as ours, in Europe, before you all recognize the threat that the middle east poses to western civilization. It may never happen, but I fear it will
    Europeans on the whole are able to look further than the short sighted view evident in the US. When it comes to terrorism, the US rsponse was to launch a war on terror resulting n the invason of two muslim countres and a rapid increase of world wide terrorist activity, perhaps in Europe we attempt to find solutions to problesm so that they might not occur again rather than just go blindly into battle in the hope of gaining some revenge...

ReputationRep:

Largest Terrosrist attack in history ha?

Ok, let me ask you smthn: How do scale a terror act such as that?

By The Number a deaths/amount of damage? Then, hasnt there been attacks and wars the US has led and killed far more than that.

Another point i want to understand, is that i persoanlly dont hate Americans, I am 3\4 American, But i hate the Americna Goverment, and IF i do hate americans for anything, its thier ignorance!

ReputationRep:
    go blindly into battle in the hope of gaining some revenge...

or OIL??

WAMD were never found were they?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.