Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    I Know, and i dont say that i agree with that. But one point has to be maid:

Who Run that cell, and who trained him???

HMMMMM
    i suggest you do a little research regarding Al-Qaeda. and then tell us how its relevant anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    or OIL??

WAMD were never found were they?
    is this another topic or are you intent on not being a part of the discussion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    i suggest you do a little research regarding Al-Qaeda. and then tell us how its relevant anyway.
    There has always been some sort of speculation that the CIA were trainng the Mujhadeed (sp!!?) after the soviet invasion, the only half credible source i could find was from fox news(!) who have completely dispelled this myth apparently - i dont really see the relevance of it anyway, even if they had trained him that has no relevance to Al'Queda any way....(check out the complete lack of bias on the page...and the Bush election merchandise for sale) http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,98115,00.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    or OIL??
    The US never had the intention of stealing Iraqs oil, they merely wish to control production in order to reduce the 'jumpy' oil prices and this will be of beneft to iraq i think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    There has always been some sort of speculation that the CIA were trainng the Mujhadeed (sp!!?) after the soviet invasion, the only half credible source i could find was from fox news(!) who have completely dispelled this myth apparently - i dont really see the relevance of it anyway, even if they had trained him that has no relevance to Al'Queda any way....(check out the complete lack of bias on the page...and the Bush election merchandise for sale) http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,98115,00.html
    Bush election merchandise? i only see right-wing books and a link to the Heritage foundation, a conservative think tank. it wouldnt surprise me though, the New York Times and Washington Post have got Kerry campain adverts, requesting donations to beat Bush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    The US never had the intention of stealing Iraqs oil, they merely wish to control production in order to reduce the 'jumpy' oil prices and this will be of beneft to iraq i think...
    they dont wish to control it either. they want to make sure the supply is protected and that has sufficient output. the Iraqis will own and run their oil industry.whether they let the US have a hand in that is up to them.

ReputationRep:
    they dont wish to control it either. they want to make sure the supply is protected and that has sufficient output. the Iraqis will own and run their oil industry.whether they let the US have a hand in that is up to them.
    Thats what i meant more accurately I would have said..'to bring it under control...'

ReputationRep:
    People have always been killed in the name of god. The interesting question is: do people kill because they really think god wants them to, or did they invent god as an excuse for killing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    People have always been killed in the name of god. The interesting question is: do people kill because they really think god wants them to, or did they invent god as an excuse for killing?
    they use god to bring morale up, if god fights with us we can't lose.

ReputationRep:
    is this another topic or are you intent on not being a part of the discussion?

Well if i stated my opinion here, i would get banned, so no i am observing and replying as i see sutible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    An excuse. GOD doesnt tell muslims to KILL any inncoent ppl, theses mulsims are BAD muslims, not following thier religion correctly.

Think about this, If i took a BAD christian, and said ha, you see, all chrsitinas are bad, which i wouldnt coz i know for a fact that this is not true, but try to understand this point: Not all muslims represent ISLAM in the correct way, which has led to a distorted image of it all over the world, the image that many ppl see and live thier lives thinking this about islam, and that is what gets me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    An excuse. GOD doesnt tell muslims to KILL any inncoent ppl, theses mulsims are BAD muslims, not following thier religion correctly.

Think about this, If i took a BAD christian, and said ha, you see, all chrsitinas are bad, which i wouldnt coz i know for a fact that this is not true, but try to understand this point: Not all muslims represent ISLAM in the correct way, which has led to a distorted image of it all over the world, the image that many ppl see and live thier lives thinking this about islam, and that is what gets me!
    i understand, but these are all unrelated points of view. im still unclear to the one that started the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    Well if i stated my opinion here, i would get banned, so no i am observing and replying as i see sutible!
    Why would you be banned. I think we all respect freedom of speech here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Why would you be banned. I think we all respect freedom of speech here
    hehe, even if it is the only thing we agree on

ReputationRep:
    Good Muslims... Bad Muslims... never the less they are killing in the name of God.

Whether they are properly following their religion is irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    Good Muslims... Bad Muslims... never the less they are killing in the name of God.

Whether they are properly following their religion is irrelevant.
    No it isn't. The fact of the matter is that if they aren't following their religion correctly. This means that they may be killing in the name of god but not the Muslim god and not for Islam.

ReputationRep:
    Who made you Allah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    Who made you Allah?
    Nobody, all I am saying is the Qu'ran doesn't say go out and blow up the west. Infact it says leave the people of book alone which should include the christian country of America. As the Qu'ran is considered to be the word of Allah attacking America could be said to be against the muslim god and the religion of Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Nobody, all I am saying is the Qu'ran doesn't say go out and blow up the west. Infact it says leave the people of book alone which should include the christian country of America. As the Qu'ran is considered to be the word of Allah attacking America could be said to be against the muslim god and the religion of Islam.
    but still in the name of.

ReputationRep:
    The fact is these people kill.

The fact is these people believe God has told them to kill.

Therefore it is illogical to suggest that they are not killing in the name of God, even if it is not the classic interpritation of the Quran.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.