The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Mad_Monkey59
The fact is these people kill.

The fact is these people believe God has told them to kill.

Therefore it is illogical to suggest that they are not killing in the name of God, even if it is not the classic interpritation of the Quran.

I didn't say that they weren't killing in the name of god. I said that whatever god that they feel they are representing isn't the Muslim god. It is like when a group of people who feel that they are following the god and godess followed by wiccans go out and kill someone. I don't feel that you can blame this on the religion of wicca because it goes against the teachings of the relgion. It is the same as the terrorist actions of Muslims, they aren't doing it because they are following the word of the muslim god they are going it for some other reason.
KOH
An excuse. GOD doesnt tell muslims to KILL any inncoent ppl, theses mulsims are BAD muslims, not following thier religion correctly.
In the eyes of these muslims, as far as I can tell, anyone who isn't a muslim isn't innocent.
If i took a BAD christian, ... Not all muslims represent ISLAM in the correct way,
The problem is that people who are otherwise good- kind, generous, considerate etc- decide quite logically that their religion requires them to kill other people. It isn't bad christians or muslims that worry me, but good ones.
randdom
Nobody, all I am saying is the Qu'ran doesn't say go out and blow up the west. No, but it does say to spread the virtues of muslim rule around the world.
Infact it says leave the people of book alone which should include the christian country of America.
It does not say "leave the people of the book alone". It says allow them to live if they accept muslim rule and pay tax. Instructions for other peoples are different. Some muslims say that the doctrine of the trinity means that contemporary christians are actually polytheists and have forfeited the protection granted to people of the book.
Reply 163
Weejimmie
In the eyes of these muslims, as far as I can tell, anyone who isn't a muslim isn't innocent.
The problem is that people who are otherwise good- kind, generous, considerate etc- decide quite logically that their religion requires them to kill other people. It isn't bad christians or muslims that worry me, but good ones.

but it depends what you can pin point about them that is good. some religious people are so wrapped up in their religion they take no notice of the other ones, and when they do they critisice them because they only think good of their religion. its all a bit confusing, but i wouldnt call these people good
neha p
its all a bit confusing, but i wouldnt call these people good

No, but they would. Apart from unfortunate but necessary acts of killing people they practise all sorts of admirable virtues which their religions inculcate.

Latest

Trending

Trending