Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Arguments watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey all, just had an arguement with parents. iv already cried and now i duno what to do. it's a biggy!

ReputationRep:
    I argue the point of that post lol. J/K.

ReputationRep:
    alcohol - the solution to all you troubles

MB

ReputationRep:
    I dont tend to get angry by arguements really...?

ReputationRep:
    i gt really moody

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    i gt really moody
    thats the thing.im really moody and upset. i want to be able to get along with parents..not argue. has it not happened to anyone else?what did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    thats the thing.im really moody and upset. i want to be able to get along with parents..not argue. has it not happened to anyone else?what did you do?
    me and ma parents always fight so im moody most of the time

ReputationRep:
    hey all, just had an arguement with parents. iv already cried and now i duno what to do. it's a biggy!
    I always make up with my parents. I just can't be bothered with all the hassle plus i have to walk past them in the living room to get to the kitchen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I always make up with my parents. I just can't be bothered with all the hassle plus i have to walk past them in the living room to get to the kitchen
    ok, so how do you do that if you still believe that you are right and they are wrong?

ReputationRep:
    ok, so how do you do that if you still believe that you are right and they are wrong?
    I just chat with my Mum as it is always her who i argue with as i don't really chat to my Dad and I just explain my point. If i'm right i always make sure she knows that. She knows when i'm telling the truth anyway.

What you need to do is go and chat to them on their own. Take them away from any distraction i.e. the television and explain how you feel and how what has happened needs to be resolved. Don't argue as it doesn't help and will only make matters worse. Also a hug always works , however, i don't know what you argued over so I guess if it was a biggy then try speaking a little later to them.

ReputationRep:
    I always get into a big mood and I storm off. I try my best to avoid them usually :rolleyes: My parents know that I am very stubborn, so they are usually the first ones to admit defeat (espicially when I thinkthat I am right!)

When I am wrong - apologise

ReputationRep:
    I just chat with my Mum as it is always her who i argue with as i don't really chat to my Dad and I just explain my point. If i'm right i always make sure she knows that. She knows when i'm telling the truth anyway.

What you need to do is go and chat to them on their own. Take them away from any distraction i.e. the television and explain how you feel and how what has happened needs to be resolved. Don't argue as it doesn't help and will only make matters worse. Also a hug always works , however, i don't know what you argued over so I guess if it was a biggy then try speaking a little later to them.
    well it's everything really. like you, it was mainly mum i argued with. she is trying to make me into this thing which i dont want to be. it's been going on for ages now, but i 'confronted' her today evening. it was all neha, you do nothing for the family...you have to change your nature...it even went on to neha, im not happy with the way you dress! i dress normal.i dont go out on the streets half naked. it just built up. i dont know how much of it she meant, but none of it is true. i mean, i help out loads at home, id like to think im a friendly person.i duno what to do. it built up more and more. dad got involved and i walked out. it's just so hard being a perfect daughter. i hope none of you guys think im stuck up btw. im sure iv got faults, i just disagree with everything my mum said to me. i duno what to do..

ReputationRep:
    i have arguments with my mum all the friggin time, last time i just went out drinkin.
    now i dont even bother arguing with her.

ReputationRep:
    well it's everything really. like you, it was mainly mum i argued with. she is trying to make me into this thing which i dont want to be. it's been going on for ages now, but i 'confronted' her today evening. it was all neha, you do nothing for the family...you have to change your nature...it even went on to neha, im not happy with the way you dress! i dress normal.i dont go out on the streets half naked. it just built up. i dont know how much of it she meant, but none of it is true. i mean, i help out loads at home, id like to think im a friendly person.i duno what to do. it built up more and more. dad got involved and i walked out. it's just so hard being a perfect daughter. i hope none of you guys think im stuck up btw. im sure iv got faults, i just disagree with everything my mum said to me. i duno what to do..
    That is a problem. You will have to speak to her alone. It seems strange for her to say this if you feel that its untrue. There may be more to this than what your mum is letting on. Maybe she wants a better relationship with you and she is saying this as a way of a better working relationship for you. Why not plan a day out with your mum this weekend or something and have a chat and make an agreement with her. Hope it works out in the end.

ReputationRep:
    That is a problem. You will have to speak to her alone. It seems strange for her to say this if you feel that its untrue. There may be more to this than what your mum is letting on. Maybe she wants a better relationship with you and she is saying this as a way of a better working relationship for you. Why not plan a day out with your mum this weekend or something and have a chat and make an agreement with her. Hope it works out in the end.
    thanks for the advice. *sigh*. I'll try and chat to her like you suggested, maybe when we've both calmed down as a bit!
    thanks anyway, you made me feel better already
    neha
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    i have arguments with my mum all the friggin time, last time i just went out drinkin.
    now i dont even bother arguing with her.
    aww fly by. doesnt sound like you care about it though. im a calm person who doesnt argue much and when argument happen, they really upset me! i normally go for a walk but the stupid weather! and hills road isnt walking distance...

ReputationRep:
    aww fly by. doesnt sound like you care about it though. im a calm person who doesnt argue much and when argument happen, they really upset me! i normally go for a walk but the stupid weather! and hills road isnt walking distance...
    nah, it used to bother me. now i got older i just care less. i dont usually argue, but its just my family whos extra annoying. i usully find a way to calm my self down.. lol i dont think you wanna walk to my house in this weather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    nah, it used to bother me. now i got older i just care less. i dont usually argue, but its just my family whos extra annoying. i usully find a way to calm my self down.. lol i dont think you wanna walk to my house in this weather
    no, i dont actaully! your not bothered because you have grown up...but im the same age as you (i think)! i guess im not much experienced in the world of arguements. i usually just agree to avoid one. duno what happened today though. do you shout when arguing? im not sure what i should apologise for, shouting might be a good one, although i cant remember if i shouted or not :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    no, i dont actaully! your not bothered because you have grown up...but im the same age as you (i think)! i guess im not much experienced in the world of arguements. i usually just agree to avoid one. duno what happened today though. do you shout when arguing? im not sure what i should apologise for, shouting might be a good one, although i cant remember if i shouted or not :rolleyes:
    welll how old are you again? i think you're older than me! :eek: i sometimes just dont say anything and pretend i didnt hear it.. last time i shouted and i still lost the argument :rolleye: so theres no friggin point. i only shout when i'm arguing with my mum, but i dont bother anymore... lol and i never apologise to my family!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... i just had argument with my dad and i just ended up crying rather then shouting. i used to just shout but it seems ive calmed down away from that now. Also by not shouting it tends to get me in less trouble, even though granted a gd shout makes you feel so much better!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.