Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliefarley)
    Hmmm... i just had argument with my dad and i just ended up crying rather then shouting. i used to just shout but it seems ive calmed down away from that now. Also by not shouting it tends to get me in less trouble, even though granted a gd shout makes you feel so much better!!
    it does! do you say sorry afterwards for yelling though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    i have arguments with my mum all the friggin time, last time i just went out drinkin.
    now i dont even bother arguing with her.
    wing, WHO is the person in your sig? :rolleyes:
    and what happened to swim by mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    hey all, just had an arguement with parents. iv already cried and now i duno what to do. it's a biggy!
    To me u have done great thing by crying and made ur self light but is that all, will u do the same next time, "crying"?. no dear u r strong, be strong feel better, be on ur own. it is said that weak and liars cry' so wat u r?. be strong be ur self- will tell u more later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tancon1)
    To me u have done great thing by crying and made ur self light but is that all, will u do the same next time, "crying"?. no dear u r strong, be strong feel better, be on ur own. it is said that weak and liars cry' so wat u r?. be strong be ur self- will tell u more later

thanks for that! im feeling better, i think i just cried because arguments just aren't my thing and so i dont know how to deal with them. a lot of people scream back, but i feel wron doing that. i duno...
    thanls anyway x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    it does! do you say sorry afterwards for yelling though?
    Debatable question. im a strong willed person but yet very emotional at the mo lol. so yes i do say sorry IF i have said sumat horrid and hurt feelings. i am also learning to admit when i am wrong. much to the credit of an adult friend who puts me straight about respecting parents. saying sorry is very hard though for a shy person like me but it needs to be done. usually say sorry after i have calmed down a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliefarley)
    Debatable question. im a strong willed person but yet very emotional at the mo lol. so yes i do say sorry IF i have said sumat horrid and hurt feelings. i am also learning to admit when i am wrong. much to the credit of an adult friend who puts me straight about respecting parents. saying sorry is very hard though for a shy person like me but it needs to be done. usually say sorry after i have calmed down a lot.
    hmm, i cant actually remember if i yelled though! :rolleyes: im going to leave it till the weekend.god, i hope it doesnt turn into another big thing in the middle of an apology!

I just sit down, relax and then decide to either forgive them or hold a personal vendetta against them.

ReputationRep:
    i argue loads with my family all the time, they are really liberal with me, yet i somehow seem to still nark them all the time. it's got into a routine where we argue, i explain my point a few mins later, then walk away. couple of hours later i'll just act civil, after a few days, if its dad, we'll start talking again. if it's mum, we make up pretty quickly. they always get annoyed that i never spend enough time with any of them, i'm always out with my friends etc. dad doesn't mind it if i'm in work all day though, or if i'm revising. think he's just a little reluctant to change- because we moved so many times i didn't have a huge social life as a kid, it only really grew a few years ago, so i was always stuck with the family. he moans how other families are always going on holiday 3 times a year....what he doesn't realise is that when they go on holiday, they spend time apart...the kids do their own thing etc. when we go on hol, i don't do that.

perhaps your family are trying to do that? as for the *we don't like the way you dress* thing, i'm sure thats just a way your mum can stay mad at you, when she initially argued she probably realised how petty it sounded, and wanted to justify her anger at you by getting moody over something else?

apologising is always a good way to go, however if they take it badly remember that in case you end up arguing again....try a diffeent approach then. i never bother apologising to my dad, he doesn't to me, we just have a mutual unspoken understanding.

ReputationRep:
    my mum seems to be the only person i have arguments with nowadays...

it's either me being rebellious, or everyone else is too sensible to rise to the bait...

ReputationRep:
    ahh, you crazy kids...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    ahh, you crazy kids...
    :eek: you're out of the debate forum again! get back, quick!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: you're out of the debate forum again! get back, quick!! :eek:
    hehe, ive got used to spending alot of time outside of D+D recently. im pleased your looking out for my welfare nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    hehe, ive got used to spending alot of time outside of D+D recently. im pleased your looking out for my welfare nonetheless.
    we dont want you to start losing arguments now do we? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    we dont want you to start losing arguments now do we? :rolleyes:
    hehe no, indeed.

ReputationRep:
    IM actually surprised at how rarely I get into rows with anyone, but when I do they are usually over really stupid things. What I do is wait until the whole thing blows over.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks people. i'll talk to mum today. actually i woke up and we didnt say anything to each other! i was in the shower and heard the front door bang shut so she obviously hasnt got over it yet. i'll see what happens anyway. thanks again
    xxxx

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.