Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I posted this on a thread not too long ago but it was closed -_- So here I am xD So I'm currently in Yr 11 and I've been studying AQA GCSE Linear B Maths, along with AQA Level 2 Further Maths. Do you think I'd be at an advantage or disadvantage (that is, do you think AQA is harder or easier than Edexcel) if I were to move on to do Edexcel A Level Maths rather than AQA A Level Maths? I'm planning on doing both AS and A2. Do you think I'd be more prepared compared to other pupils who have studied GCSE Edexcel Maths rather than AQA like I have? I'm aware the styles are quite different in terms of answering questions but I'm hoping I can adapt to this with a bit of practise - so hopefully I can forget about this adding onto the advantages/disadvantages thing (basically I'm moving schools for sixth form and they do edexcel instead of aqa)
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I recommend you doing Edexcel due to its abundance of resources available. Even through your GCSE exam board is different, you will definitely adapt Edexcel with ease. ( In fact your "disadvantage"caused by exam board is minimal )
    Plus, since you have been studying AQA Further Maths you do have advantage providing a better preparation for Core 1 (even a few part of C2), probably you will find some of that very similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
    Hi - I posted this on a thread not too long ago but it was closed -_- So here I am xD So I'm currently in Yr 11 and I've been studying AQA GCSE Linear B Maths, along with AQA Level 2 Further Maths. Do you think I'd be at an advantage or disadvantage (that is, do you think AQA is harder or easier than Edexcel) if I were to move on to do Edexcel A Level Maths rather than AQA A Level Maths? I'm planning on doing both AS and A2. Do you think I'd be more prepared compared to other pupils who have studied GCSE Edexcel Maths rather than AQA like I have? I'm aware the styles are quite different in terms of answering questions but I'm hoping I can adapt to this with a bit of practise - so hopefully I can forget about this adding onto the advantages/disadvantages thing (basically I'm moving schools for sixth form and they do edexcel instead of aqa)
    Thanks!
    AQA are awful with maths IMO. Stay away!

Edexcel and OCR are much better, but my preference (along with most schools) is with Edexcel due to sheer quantity of resources available.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently edexcel is the easiest so you should probably choose that

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice thanks for all your help - looks like edexcel is the way to go then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    AQA are awful with maths IMO. Stay away!

Edexcel and OCR are much better, but my preference (along with most schools) is with Edexcel due to sheer quantity of resources available.
    why is aqa so bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    why is aqa so bad?
    Lack of resources, I don't like their style of papers and the structure of the modules is weird. I like the clear distinction between C1 and C2 integration, for example, on Edexcel.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.