Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea whether i should move from my schools sixth form to a college. I get good grades at my current school but would like to meet new people.
    i take art and the quality at the college isnt as good so i dont think i would take it anymore. the results in general arent as good, but happiness is worth more. id be happy in both places, but perhaps happier with a fresh start.

also im unsure of what a levels to do.
    if i go to college, there is more choice but i wouldnt do art.

BIO, PSYCHOLOGY , HISTORY, ENG LIT

BIO, SOCIOLOGY, HISTORY, ENG LIT

HISTORY, ART, ENG LIT, MEDIA

HISTORY, ENG LIT, FILM STUDIES, SOCIOLOGY

ReputationRep:
    2nd option they're similar to my choices except English lit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    do the second one i was gonna do psychology but its way harder and there are more case studies so i picked sociology which is similar
    go to a college if you wanna meet new people

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely do the second option or the first option as it will demonstrate to potential employers/unis the wide skill base that you have! I did history AS level and am just about to take my English lit A2 and would say that you are kind of required to write an essay at the drop of a dime. The courses are very good though and history and English definitely compliment each other. I know from my friends that psychology is very demanding in terms of content and commitment to the subject so unless you love it, I'd recommend sociology as history is a difficult enough subject on its own!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenhan)
    I would definitely do the second option or the first option as it will demonstrate to potential employers/unis the wide skill base that you have! I did history AS level and am just about to take my English lit A2 and would say that you are kind of required to write an essay at the drop of a dime. The courses are very good though and history and English definitely compliment each other. I know from my friends that psychology is very demanding in terms of content and commitment to the subject so unless you love it, I'd recommend sociology as history is a difficult enough subject on its own!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! Ive found out i cant do history and drop it as, which causes issues for me as i know its a challenging subject. Im predicted A*s in all of the subjects i wish to pursue. Do you think art instead of history would be OK? Knowing id (hopefully) get a good grade in it. Id still have eng lit and bio as facilitating subjects

ReputationRep:
    I would move to a new college to meet new people because you'll feel a lot more motivated imo but still keep in touch and socialize with current friends.

Take

BIO, SOCIOLOGY, HISTORY, ENG LIT

2 sciences, 1 humanities and 1 arts. Excellent range of skills and knowledge demonstrated here.

ReputationRep:
    I would say you should do the first option of bio, psychology, history and English lit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmxxxx)
    Thanks! Ive found out i cant do history and drop it as, which causes issues for me as i know its a challenging subject. Im predicted A*s in all of the subjects i wish to pursue. Do you think art instead of history would be OK? Knowing id (hopefully) get a good grade in it. Id still have eng lit and bio as facilitating subjects
    Yeah that should be fine and would definitely demonstrate you as having a wide skill base. To be honest it doesn't matter whether you have facilitating subjects or not. I mean at A2 my only facilitating subject is English literature. Obviously universities respect them but its more about what you want to do and whether it's related to your course. If you work hard at your respective subjects then that's all that matters.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.