Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I plan on studying Medicine (one day) and have picked Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. Biology and Chemistry as they're my two strongest sciences (little to no interest in Physics) and Psychology as I'm oddly good at essay based subjects; also interested in the content covered. Do you think picking the third subject to be Psychology rather than maths/Physics will put me as a disadvantage? I don't mind putting the extra hours in to learn logarithms for Chemistry and other related skills. Thought? Also, does anyone have any experience with A Level Psychology? How did you find it?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Wisbey)
    So, I plan on studying Medicine (one day) and have picked Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. Biology and Chemistry as they're my two strongest sciences (little to no interest in Physics) and Psychology as I'm oddly good at essay based subjects; also interested in the content covered. Do you think picking the third subject to be Psychology rather than maths/Physics will put me as a disadvantage? I don't mind putting the extra hours in to learn logarithms for Chemistry and other related skills. Thought? Also, does anyone have any experience with A Level Psychology? How did you find it?
    I've asked for this to be moved to our medicine forum.

AFAIK only a handful of colleges at cambridge prefer applicants with 3 sciences. Most other med schools welcome some variety. I'm sure more knowledgeable medics will add to this though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I've asked for this to be moved to our medicine forum.

AFAIK only a handful of colleges at cambridge prefer applicants with 3 sciences. Most other med schools welcome some variety. I'm sure more knowledgeable medics will add to this though
    Thanks for moving it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisbey)
    Those choices would be absolutely fine. As PQ says, only Cambridge asks for three sciences.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.