Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i plan to study aerospace engineering at umist in sept. although a laptop may not be essential will it be an advantage to have a laptop or will all the work done on a computer be done on the school computers?

ReputationRep:
    I can't speak for UMIST but if its anything like Salford there will be computers around the campus you can use. You don't need a laptop, althogh a second hand £100 Pentium unit with Windows 98/Office 97 may not be a bad idea.

You certainly won't need anything fancy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I can't speak for UMIST but if its anything like Salford there will be computers around the campus you can use. You don't need a laptop, althogh a second hand £100 Pentium unit with Windows 98/Office 97 may not be a bad idea.
    Do you know where i can go to get a laptop at this price?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Do you know where i can go to get a laptop at this price?
    Yes, I will get you some links, I bought a P233MMX with 64MB RAM, 3GB HD, 12" TFT monitor, 24X internal CD-ROM for £150 in May 2003 of ebay it came with a 3 month warranty, I just had to put an operating system on it.

You could buy Micromart and have a look through the adverts or try ebay.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.