Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive nearly finished my GCSEs, only 1 left to go which im semi-confident for. Thing is im really annoyed at myself as i glided through my GCSEs without really revising anything. I did well in maths as i could check the unofficial mark scheme (A*) but for everything else it feels like a roll of the dice. I did alright in my mocks but was disappointed with mostly Cs with a few Bs and As. I keep telling myself im going to do revision next year and try so hard to make up for poor GCSEs but at the same time i told myself this after my mocks. I just dont know what to do I've looked at so many things for motivation of some kind, thinking about results day, those videos that everyone posts and so many things from reddit's /r/GetMotivated. I just cant understand why i cant revise, a while ago i was doing amazing, revising like several hours a day and then a holiday came and i did nothing and since then i have just crashed. Please someone just say something i feel so trapped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernie2016)
    Ive nearly finished my GCSEs, only 1 left to go which im semi-confident for. Thing is im really annoyed at myself as i glided through my GCSEs without really revising anything. I did well in maths as i could check the unofficial mark scheme (A*) but for everything else it feels like a roll of the dice. I did alright in my mocks but was disappointed with mostly Cs with a few Bs and As. I keep telling myself im going to do revision next year and try so hard to make up for poor GCSEs but at the same time i told myself this after my mocks. I just dont know what to do I've looked at so many things for motivation of some kind, thinking about results day, those videos that everyone posts and so many things from reddit's /r/GetMotivated. I just cant understand why i cant revise, a while ago i was doing amazing, revising like several hours a day and then a holiday came and i did nothing and since then i have just crashed. Please someone just say something i feel so trapped.
    When i took my gcses i was high most the time, not one word of a lie, never revised (until cramming the night before) and seriously didnt work hard throughout the year. Came out with 8As and 2Bs now ofcourse this depends on the person but im naturally intelligent and at gcse you pretty much get marks for common sence half the time. Youve got nothing to worry about, you seem quite intelligent yourself and trust me when you get those results and go sixthform there nothing but little sh*tty letters on a piece of paper.

DO NOT WING A LEVELS, MAJOR KEY🔑

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcityc*ck)
    When i took my gcses i was high most the time, not one word of a lie, never revised (until cramming the night before) and seriously didnt work hard throughout the year. Came out with 8As and 2Bs now ofcourse this depends on the person but im naturally intelligent and at gcse you pretty much get marks for common sence half the time. Youve got nothing to worry about, you seem quite intelligent yourself and trust me when you get those results and go sixthform there nothing but little sh*tty letters on a piece of paper.

DO NOT WING A LEVELS, MAJOR KEY🔑
    How can i force myself to work at A-Levels? Im scared the same thing is going to happen again ):.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bernie2016)
    How can i force myself to work at A-Levels? Im scared the same thing is going to happen again ):.
    Well i havent got my results back yet but i knew from people around me that a levels are not to be taken lightly, i took maths physics economics, and how i went about it throughout the year is do my homework in studies and about three hours at home of just hoing over sh*t. For the subjects i took past papers for maths and physics is basically the only way to revise which is simple but for economics i would do past papers and notes on what i didnt understand.

Honestly the thing that would save you the most at a levels is actually oaying attention in class and fully understanding, because in that case revision would just he reading over and a few practice questions.

Youll get into the swing of things, habits dont change overnight trust me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.