Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,
    Just a little information: I am a student at cambridge in my second year and study physics with mathematics. I really like this girl, she is incredible and she studies biology.
    generally I don't show much emotions and i'm very sporty too.
    I haven't really had much interest in anyone before but now that i do, i have no idea what to do but i really can't get this girl out of my head.
    I speak to this girl whenever i see here and occasionally we sit together in lectures, but i still feel we are not that close.
    anyone with any descend advise please?
    please nothing inappropriate.

ReputationRep:
    You have a crush on her. Do you know her or just know who she is? How do you know this girl? She's not in your course so do you know her through societies or sports? What do you have in common? You start by talking to her about things you have in common. Start off talking to her like you would talk to any new friend - guy or girl. That will make you the most relaxed and most likely to just be yourself. If she is receptive to that level of communication- she's friendly, is chatty then ask her for coffee. From there if you've gotten along well and the conversation is easy and flows ask her out again. Eventually you'd start seeing her more and more. Well, that is the way it works if all went well but sadly, if you read much of TSR a lot of times it doesn't go as you hope. Not trying to be discouraging, really, it is just something to be aware of. Hopefully things will go well. But, when people say, 'just be yourself' that really is the most important part. If she doesn't like you when you are being yourself then she's not someone you'd be happy with anyway. Also, act confident when talking to her. Good luck!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tanhai)
    hey guys,
    Just a little information: I am a student at cambridge in my second year and study physics with mathematics. I really like this girl, she is incredible and she studies biology.
    generally I don't show much emotions and i'm very sporty too.
    I haven't really had much interest in anyone before but now that i do, i have no idea what to do but i really can't get this girl out of my head.
    anyone with any descend advise please?
    please nothing inappropriate.
    As the king of waiting too long: make a move, ask her out on a date.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do get too worried about it, you will like many girls over time.
    Just talk to her, if that goes well it will grow into a friendship if you still like her now you've gotten to know her better and you think she might like you too, then ask her out somewhere. Pick somewhere public perhaps a coffee shop or cinema.

Most times you will not get the girl, that's fine it means she wasn't the one for you.
    Patients will pay off in this department

This is so much easier now in 38, married and not the person involved. When I was a teen/early 20s, it was never so easy.

Good luck, don't be scared to make a move and don't be disheartened if it goes nowhere. They really are plenty more fish in the sea mate.

Oh yeah, be confident

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I'm writing on my phone. The first line sould ofcourse say "DONT get too worried about it"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.