Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all.

Last September, I started a course but due to my health reasons, I couldn't continue it and I dropped out. Fortunately, they've allowed me to re-study this year and I will be applying for DSA again.

I received a laptop (£200) the first year but due to finances and health reasons, I had to sell the laptop so that I could have enough money to pay my rent & bills (£250).

Could I re-apply for a new laptop in the second year (although it'll be my first year study again)? Or will they not fund me because I sold the one in the first year? I guess I'll ask this when the time comes, but I'm just wondering if anybody else had an experience like this.

Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I doubt they'd fund another one. Ask. But I really don't think they will

ReputationRep:
    Unlikely. When you apply, they will look at what you've already been provided with and you will be expected to use the computer that was given to you.

ReputationRep:
    I really doubt it, as really you ended up using the £200 as your own spending money rather than for its actual purpose (a laptop)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesejug)
    I really doubt it, as really you ended up using the £200 as your own spending money rather than for its actual purpose (a laptop)
    I paid £200 towards it and I sold it for £200 (After eBay fees/delivery costs), nothing gained, nothing lost.

I will just be honest with them and tell them that I sold it for whatever reason. If they don't or can't provide me with another one, I'll accept that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.