Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello,

I need help, I've not eaten a proper meal in about 4-5 days and I'm feeling lightheaded whenever I leave my bed or start moving around. Basically, I'm on a Care Order and currently living in a Semi-Residential placement, so everyone gets their own room and you share the bathroom, kitchen and toilets. My social worker has told the staff my semi-residence unit that I'm not to get my money until I tidy my room, the thing is I'm not refusing to tidy my room, I'm unable to! I recently started the Gym and I have got this pain. I googled and it's called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) and I've got this pain my back and every time I try to start, I really can't bend my arms past a certain angle and my back is a major problem to. I was about to put in a huge effort yesterday, but I felt so lightheaded and I don't feel strong enough to do it. I've tried explaining it to them but they don't believe me, I'm very hungry. I don't know what to do, I don't want to start stealing things from Asda, but I also don't want to die or have something happen to me. I'm currently an A level Student and still have exams and this is really affecting my exam performance, I don't have any friends either, so it's not like I can just ask someone to feed me.

Please, someone help. What can I do? I don't want to die
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You need to talk to them. Especially if the lack of food is making you ill.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello,

I need help, I've not eaten a proper meal in about 4-5 days and I'm feeling lightheaded whenever I leave my bed or start moving around. Basically, I'm on a Care Order and currently living in a Semi-Residential placement, so everyone gets their own room and you share the bathroom, kitchen and toilets. My social worker has told the staff my semi-residence unit that I'm not to get my money until I tidy my room, the thing is I'm not refusing to tidy my room, I'm unable to! I recently started the Gym and I have got this pain. I googled and it's called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) and I've got this pain my back and every time I try to start, I really can't bend my arms past a certain angle and my back is a major problem to. I was about to put in a huge effort yesterday, but I felt so lightheaded and I don't feel strong enough to do it. I've tried explaining it to them but they don't believe me, I'm very hungry. I don't know what to do, I don't want to start stealing things from Asda, but I also don't want to die or have something happen to me. I'm currently an A level Student and still have exams and this is really affecting my exam performance, I don't have any friends either, so it's not like I can just ask someone to feed me.

Please, someone help. What can I do? I don't want to die
    Get a doctor to write a note telling them that yes you are ill and unable to tidy your room. The doctor can also help you with the pain and things. Walk-in may be your best bet if you have one nearby since they will see you same day (usually up to 2 hour wait). Try calling your surgery to ask for an ungent appointment (explain the situation) though.
    Do they have a responsibility of care to you? If so they should not be allowing you to go so long without food that you are becoming ill. If the doctor route doesn't work for whatever reason is there nobody else you can go to (a higher up) and tell about what is happening?

You may be able to get some food from your college if you explain the situation in the meantime. I think your best bet would be to go to the office and ask to speak to student support.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hows it going OP? Managed to sort things out yet? Hope you've managed to have a propper ammount of food.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.