Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why am I waking up so early? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I went to bed at 1am and I woke up at 7, and now I can't get back to sleep.
    What the hell is wrong with me?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Are you tired? I think some people just don't need that much sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Are you tired? I think some people just don't need that much sleep.
    I'm quite tired to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    6 Hours is more than enough. Your body doesn't need anymore sleep if it wakes up. For example, my body only needs around 3-4 hours of sleep to regain energy. Any more than 4 hours and my body will feel uncomfortable and ache so I'll wake myself up.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Nothing is wrong with you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It happens to a lot of people in the summer when it gets bright early.
    Try to nap in the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K2G)
    6 Hours is more than enough. Your body doesn't need anymore sleep if it wakes up. For example, my body only needs around 3-4 hours of sleep to regain energy. Any more than 4 hours and my body will feel uncomfortable and ache so I'll wake myself up.
    That's so BS. Sometimes I don't sleep from a night out until 7 am and I would wake up at 11 - that doesn't mean I only need 4 hours sleep.

And no, actually 4 hours sleep is not enough for the vast majority of people. Nowhere near enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K2G)
    bloody hell mate you're solid you are

4am for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    just woke up :hoppy: feeling so awake

ReputationRep:
    I try to get > 8 hours if I can, but I rarely do tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Well you're lucky. I can't wake up any later than 10 nowadays without feeling dead no matter what time I go to bed

ReputationRep:
    Had 3 hours sleep, and I have to agree 4 hours is not enough, as a person who has 4 hours sleep maybe 40% of nights, I can happily say it isnt enough. Some days you're okay, other day you'll feel sick, when you could have just gottena few extra hours and had a much much better day. . 6 hours is just about enough sleep to alwasy feel okay in the morning. I do have to say under 4/3 hours for more than 1 day and you'll most likely just want to die in bed.

2 days ago, i had 4 hous, yesterday i had 10 hours, today i had 3, and just feel unbelievably sick.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.