Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are there any unexpected interests or traits in your personality that you have? Watch

ReputationRep:
    ..but ones that you wish were more noticeable to people?

For example, people very rarely understand that I have issues with social interaction. It's not that I don't like people in general, but because I'm naturally very introverted, I have to garner a lot of energy and motivation in order to get into the mood of speaking to people, and I find the act itself physically exhausting at times.

I kind of wish that strangers or acquaintances knew this before meeting me because I hate giving off a negative impression.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like people. Most of them are ****s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    That I am fine dealing with people as in I could talk to anyone, even a stranger with ease if its in a social situation but as soon as it comes to dealing with someone official such as a doctor or even just ordering a takeaway face to face, I clam up and struggle with and it fills me with dread. If I know I have to make a phone call the next day, even if its just to make an appointment at the doctors, I dread it for hours and lose sleep over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I don't like people. Most of them are ****s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A bit harsh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    ..but ones that you wish were more noticeable to people?

For example, people very rarely understand that I have issues with social interaction. It's not that I don't like people in general, but because I'm naturally very introverted, I have to garner a lot of energy and motivation in order to get into the mood of speaking to people, and I find the act itself physically exhausting at times.

I kind of wish that strangers or acquaintances knew this before meeting me because I hate giving off a negative impression.

Let me give you and others some advice.My advice is to just let go of your social limitations,as life is too short.

ReputationRep:
    Im the same in terms of being introverted.

But what most people dont realize is that i have a love for fire!!
    But i can turn batshit crazy at times.
    No one expects that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    A bit harsh
    Only being honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Usually people are surprised that I can be studying Chemistry and be
    -Strictly religious and have a strong faith
    -Be 22 and have centre-right political views
    -Be centre-right politically and trying out vegetarianism

Apparently chemistry students are supposed to be atheistic and hella left wing and right wingers are not supposed to be trying out vegetarianism

-Some people are also surprised that I like baroque music too
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Let me give you and others some advice.My advice is to just let go of your social limitations,as life is too short.
    Perhaps some more specific advice would be useful - it's simply not that easy. But I think that is an issue for another thread.

ReputationRep:
    I get far too close to people especially when I know that at some point in life they are going to leave me, and it's such a painful experience. I just wish that I didn't trust so often or much and that it would be easier for me to communicate with someone without worrying myself about how much I will get attached with that person and then worrying about them leaving me.

ReputationRep:
    I would never call myself an extrovert but I enjoy social engagement to an extent. But, sometimes, it really throws people when I go through periods of extreme quietness. I get them every now and then, and to me, it is very natural. But, most people, even my closest friends, think that there is something really wrong with me when I have these moments.

ReputationRep:
    A bit harsh
    One of his traits

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.