Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hey

so uhm, I'm pretty sure I'm not developing an eating disorder (could still be a trigger though, just trying to be considerate yanno), I'm just getting freaky about my eating and would appreciate some advice...

I think it's probably just the whole feeling-worthless, depression thing or maybe self-punishment but I'm really not eating well. It used to be because I just couldn't be bothered or making myself food was too overwhelming a task but recently I've stopped eating because of these invasive thoughts I've been getting. "Don't eat dinner tonight even if you're hungry", "go weight yourself again", "what are you doing in the kitchen??? you don't deserve food???", "you're already a waste of resources now you're eating food???", "put that tomato down RIGHT NOW"... etc etc

the other day I realised I wasn't losing weight fast enough because I spend so much time lying in bed so I walked up and down the stairs 20 times - I almost collapsed with exhaustion (I'm very unfit and suffer from fatigue don't judge). I keep noticing that I'm losing weight and being happy about it like it's this quiet little goal I have that no one knows about.

I'm about 5'5" and weight about 48kg, I know it's not a dangerous weight but I'm more scared about the fact that I think it's still too much.

The thing is I don't even feel that worried about these though, I just know I should be and that's why I'm making this thread. I'd tell my CBT therapist about it but I have like 7324854725043 problems and not enough time to deal with them all. Also I don't want her to think I have an eating disorder. Because I don't. Maybe it's just a passive display of not wanting to be alive? idk

(Original post by Anonymous)
    hey

so uhm, I'm pretty sure I'm not developing an eating disorder (could still be a trigger though, just trying to be considerate yanno), I'm just getting freaky about my eating and would appreciate some advice...

I think it's probably just the whole feeling-worthless, depression thing or maybe self-punishment but I'm really not eating well. It used to be because I just couldn't be bothered or making myself food was too overwhelming a task but recently I've stopped eating because of these invasive thoughts I've been getting. "Don't eat dinner tonight even if you're hungry", "go weight yourself again", "what are you doing in the kitchen??? you don't deserve food???", "you're already a waste of resources now you're eating food???", "put that tomato down RIGHT NOW"... etc etc

the other day I realised I wasn't losing weight fast enough because I spend so much time lying in bed so I walked up and down the stairs 20 times - I almost collapsed with exhaustion (I'm very unfit and suffer from fatigue don't judge). I keep noticing that I'm losing weight and being happy about it like it's this quiet little goal I have that no one knows about.

I'm about 5'5" and weight about 48kg, I know it's not a dangerous weight but I'm more scared about the fact that I think it's still too much.

The thing is I don't even feel that worried about these though, I just know I should be and that's why I'm making this thread. I'd tell my CBT therapist about it but I have like 7324854725043 problems and not enough time to deal with them all. Also I don't want her to think I have an eating disorder. Because I don't. Maybe it's just a passive display of not wanting to be alive? idk
    I would say that maybe its simply you trying to justify your feelings towards food. Maybe you feel you need a driving force to make you loose weight faster. Maybe it is a outlet due to other problems?

Hi I'm sorry you haven't had many replies. I have some experience with this, would you mind me asking your age?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    hey

Heya,Sorry to hear about this, it really sucks I really, honestly think you need to speak to a GP about this because its not something you can really do much about on your own - the professional help needs to be there! I reckon, from my personal experience, that you are suffering from an eating disorder (especially because of the preoccupation with food, exercise etc and negative thoughts) and your weight is pretty low for your height. I know that its hard to admit - I'm going through a phase of denial as well at the moment and yeah, denial is a big part of eating disorders. Please try and tell someone, I promise its better in the long run! x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.