Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    5* GCSE's not 4 lol.

I was just wondering honestly, because i had to study for the exams in 4-5 months, and only got a tutor for the 6 subjects around april time. ( i moved to a new country) So i was wondering what will happen if i got 4 gcse's. I don't think i did well in physics, which is my worst subject, and i am not very sure about chemistry.
    I chose my A level subjects with colleges already..
    Thing is i used to be a straight A* student, so i am not really sure what i'll do if i don't get at least 5. I even have my reports from my previous school.
    Will the college let me take A levels and repeat the one exam at the same time?
    Or do i have to do the exam next june again and not do AS until next year?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't get many GCSE's it can be hard to get a job or get into a sixth form/college that will let you do A-Levels but it is still possible. If you were a straight A* student I wouldn't worry as GCSE's are easy to wing if you are someone of that intelligence. It just depends on your school really as if you don't get 5, some will make you re-take or some will let you do AS courses and let you re-sit to get 5 at the same time. I shouldn't worry though as there are always options.

ReputationRep:
    You will have to do a level 2 course where you'll get 2 gcse's then you can move on to a level 3 course/a levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenawhite)
    If you don't get many GCSE's it can be hard to get a job or get into a sixth form/college that will let you do A-Levels but it is still possible. If you were a straight A* student I wouldn't worry as GCSE's are easy to wing if you are someone of that intelligence. It just depends on your school really as if you don't get 5, some will make you re-take or some will let you do AS courses and let you re-sit to get 5 at the same time. I shouldn't worry though as there are always options.
    Oh i see, i don't go to school so i really had to self-teach myself most of the material. I am confident about 4 of my subjects just not the other 2 (physics and geography). i lterally had to do geography in less than 3 months and i found it really frustrating.
    I will ask the college what they'll allow me to do, thanks

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.