Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On my home computer which has a regular dialup I have recently been expreiencing problems when connected to the net, it seems really slow and there is an exe running which seems fairly new "win32dllz.exe" any ideas what this is as its not found by my antivirus but I dont know where it is from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    On my home computer which has a regular dialup I have recently been expreiencing problems when connected to the net, it seems really slow and there is an exe running which seems fairly new "win32dllz.exe" any ideas what this is as its not found by my antivirus but I dont know where it is from.
    I believe it is spyware. I think I saw that come up on Adaware one time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    terminate the process and see what happens. then run spyware software

ReputationRep:
    the 'dllz' bit seams rather suspicous to me.

ReputationRep:
    For a guide to removing spyware, have a look here. It'll show you how to configure Ad-aware to scan and kill everything and tell you what to do if even that doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    Well I deleted the win32dllz.exe file and it has seriously f**ked up my computer, hardly any of my programs run anymore and none of the shortcuts work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Well I deleted the win32dllz.exe file and it has seriously f**ked up my computer, hardly any of my programs run anymore and none of the shortcuts work
    ye take ye chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I've found that by going to symantec.com most virii can be found and removed rather easily. They seem to be the best going at the moment, give em a shot

ReputationRep:
    i would suggest u search teh web for a software firewall program. if u do have spyware on your computer a firewall will stop it from sending out your details / receiving instructions, and therefor saving ur bandwidth.

a good format now and again is always a good idea tho

ReputationRep:
    it´s a virus,

I do not say what it destroy, but it´s not a simple spyware

after you delete this on the startup menu, ou have to remove his command in the register

the key is

Hkey local machine/Software/classes/exefile/shell/open/command

you will find a path to the virus in the startup menu but

the default correct key is %1%*

the your system will run programs ok!!

PS. if you can´t run regedit, rename it to a .com file

Kinds regards
    Fer

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 15, 2004
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.