Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive not had a proper teacher for the last 2 years of studying GCSE Physics so I do not know anything at all really. In the mock exams I passed Unit 2 AQA on pretty much just the equations but is the likelihood of this happening good or not?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Niamhhfenner)
    Ive not had a proper teacher for the last 2 years of studying GCSE Physics so I do not know anything at all really. In the mock exams I passed Unit 2 AQA on pretty much just the equations but is the likelihood of this happening good or not?
    The advice is useless now, but for future reference, if you feel like your teacher isn't good enough then you have to go off and study things on your own.

I don't know when your exam is but I would suggest cramming as much content in as youc an and looking at past papers.

ReputationRep:
    from doing alevel physics and maths,if you have an excellent mathematical understanding and common sense then yes,easily.you can find so many things out from equations given and do dimensional analysis if your good enough, e.g F=ma what is the unit of F?, well mass is kg and acceleration is in meters per second per second which is meters per second squared ms^-2 so units of Force is kgms^-2 which is the exact same as N (newtons) but theyll give you the marks for both(they'll be more impressed with kgm^-2 as they are the base units). you can also define things like if it said define electrical current use I=Q/t and say its the amount of charge flowing per second as Q=charge and t=time in seconds or define hookes law? F=kx where K is a constant(number that stays the same) so force is proportional to extension ect. ect. really useful and easy if you think logically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRPAV)
    from doing alevel physics and maths,if you have an excellent mathematical understanding and common sense then yes,easily.you can find so many things out from equations given and do dimensional analysis if your good enough, e.g F=ma what is the unit of F?, well mass is kg and acceleration is in meters per second per second which is meters per second squared ms^-2 so units of Force is kgms^-2 which is the exact same as N (newtons) but theyll give you the marks for both(they'll be more impressed with kgm^-2 as they are the base units). you can also define things like if it said define electrical current use I=Q/t and say its the amount of charge flowing per second as Q=charge and t=time in seconds or define hookes law? F=kx where K is a constant(number that stays the same) so force is proportional to extension ect. ect. really useful and easy if you think logically.
    I think excellent is pushing it 😂 I'm a B grade in maths but I guess I have logical thinking. Thank you for your reply

ReputationRep:
    as long as your good with rearranging equations and know when to use them you should be set, just think about what they actually mean/are talking about, also you may have to use more than one equation to get a value and sub it into another..well i think at least that would be the harder end of GSCE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRPAV)
    as long as your good with rearranging equations and know when to use them you should be set, just think about what they actually mean/are talking about, also you may have to use more than one equation to get a value and sub it into another..well i think at least that would be the harder end of GSCE
    I didn't think of having to use more than one equation per question, thank you for that advice!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.