Haamoo7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm in year 12, and my school makes us do M2. However I haven't done C3. I was doing fine in past papers and stuff when I came across the June 2013 (R) paper, and question 7 included some trig that I haven't come across since it's in C3.

The only content my teacher taught me from C3 was trigonometric differentiation; she said nothing else would come up.

I'm so worried as if a lot of C3 knowledge is required, I'm basically screwed for tomorrow's M2 test.
Magicalgeofray
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Haamoo7)
I'm in year 12, and my school makes us do M2. However I haven't done C3. I was doing fine in past papers and stuff when I came across the June 2013 (R) paper, and question 7 included some trig that I haven't come across since it's in C3.

The only content my teacher taught me from C3 was trigonometric differentiation; she said nothing else would come up.

I'm so worried as if a lot of C3 knowledge is required, I'm basically screwed for tomorrow's M2 test.
M2 is an applied maths course for A2 level maths, if you are taking your A2's and really enjoyed M1 you would do M2. So A2 level maths is expected. For example we me our school do S1 in AS year then M1 in A2 year and M1 only has up to a core 2 standard of maths, so it is likely to have A2 content
Styster99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in the same boat as you - taking M2 in Year 12. I've just learnt trigonometric differentiation and some trig identities that I've seen pop up in some M2 questions (sec, cosec, cot). I'm hoping that it doesn't come up but I think I should be okay(ish) if it does
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (137)
28.48%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.51%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.36%
No - I live at home during term anyway (141)
29.31%

Watched Threads