Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    At my school students typically pick lots of AS (too many in my opinion) and either drop them during the year; after the exam and don't continue to A2, or simply do some AS in form 12 and some in form 13 since in my country AS Levels are enough to get into a uni.
    I need help with my choices, currently I have:

English lit
    History
    Psychology
    Physics
    Maths

And then we are forced to have global perspectives and a language, which is quite easy for me and I don't think they'd add that much to the amount of study.

I'm not sure if these 5 subjects are too hard, or the workload is too much. I also don't know whether I'll actually do the exam on all or simply start the year enrolled in these subjects and see how everything goes.
    I want to follow either Filmmaking, Physics or some kind of Engineering.. I think I'll enjoy all of these, since I love humanities, arts and sciences!

Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariapcosta)
    Hi!
    At my school students typically pick lots of AS (too many in my opinion) and either drop them during the year; after the exam and don't continue to A2, or simply do some AS in form 12 and some in form 13 since in my country AS Levels are enough to get into a uni.
    I need help with my choices, currently I have:

English lit
    History
    Psychology
    Physics
    Maths

And then we are forced to have global perspectives and a language, which is quite easy for me and I don't think they'd add that much to the amount of study.

I'm not sure if these 5 subjects are too hard, or the workload is too much. I also don't know whether I'll actually do the exam on all or simply start the year enrolled in these subjects and see how everything goes.
    I want to follow either Filmmaking, Physics or some kind of Engineering..

Thanks for the help!
    7 AS levels is ridiculous. 5 should be the highest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    7 AS levels is ridiculous. 5 should be the highest...
    Technically I'm taking 5 since the Global Perspectives exam can only be taken in the Oct/Nov sessions next year, and the Language exam is only taken at the end of A2 (in two years)..
    I also found this big amount surprising when we discussed AS levels at my school, but apparently many people choose to do more and harder ones than what I have

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.