Turn on thread page Beta

Creatine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on here used creatine as part of their training? If so, what are your opinions on it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theoffender)
    Anyone on here used creatine as part of their training? If so, what are your opinions on it?
    Whats your diet and training routine like?

ReputationRep:
    I don't use it myself, but I know that what it does is allow you to train harder and for longer, and thus indirectly helps you build muscle. Personally, I don't use it because I'm a bit sceptical at how effective these new drugs really are, and creatine is still new so the long-term effects of it's usage aren't known. It might not be safe to use (as with many drugs) is what I'm saying.

ReputationRep:
    I've used it- absolutely amazing results! They go away if you don't maintain training though but that's something that would happen with or without creatine. My muscles actually felt amazing- girls would hold onto it for ages just going "ooh" lol, and also, I found the cheaper ones by body fortress worked tons better than the expensive so called better ones like Cyclone from Maximuscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    I've used it- absolutely amazing results! They go away if you don't maintain training though but that's something that would happen with or without creatine. My muscles actually felt amazing- girls would hold onto it for ages just going "ooh" lol, and also, I found the cheaper ones by body fortress worked tons better than the expensive so called better ones like Cyclone from Maximuscle.
    What is your training routine and diet like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    Wow...I'm off to get me some of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Wow...I'm off to get me some of that
    .......Whats your training routine and diet like?

ReputationRep:
    Creatine has not yet been deemed completely safe yet though, you should do a lot of reading up on it www.bodybuilding.com and www.teenbodybuilding.com has excellent articles on it. In my last post i sounded like i was endorsing it but I was just saying my experience, it could be different for other people.

ReputationRep:
    I take it nobody wants to tell me then? I only ask because I reckon 90% of people who take creatine dont have a clue about proper training and diet

ReputationRep:
    Creatine is not really for teenagers as far as i ve heard. It is linked to low sperm counts and high blood pressure. I would recommend you do it a natural way rather than mess with creatine. Not only is it quite expensive, if overdone, you could put on weight and increase the stress on your heart.
    At my gym there is a clear divide between those who use such a diet to boost muscle growth and those who dont. Those who dont have a more toned and 'rightly-shaped' body whereas the ones that do have bodies, which to be honest are quite unattractive and look obvious and unhealthy. I would recommend you do it naturally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big P)
    Creatine is not really for teenagers as far as i ve heard. It is linked to low sperm counts and high blood pressure. I would recommend you do it a natural way rather than mess with creatine. Not only is it quite expensive, if overdone, you could put on weight and increase the stress on your heart.
    At my gym there is a clear divide between those who use such a diet to boost muscle growth and those who dont. Those who dont have a more toned and 'rightly-shaped' body whereas the ones that do have bodies, which to be honest are quite unattractive and look obvious and unhealthy. I would recommend you do it naturally.
    Creatine is 'natural' and is a perfectly allowed supplement in 'natural' competitions run by ANB/NPA..BNBF etc

ReputationRep:
    Creatine is produced by the body it terms of what is required; if you take in more than you need, it is not natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big P)
    Creatine is produced by the body it terms of what is required; if you take in more than you need, it is not natural.
    So therefore eating anything more than is 'required' by your body is unnatural? And the same with drinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Whats your diet and training routine like?
    Diet - er... I don't have a strict diet, I just eat healthily and don't eat any junk. I make sure I eat a good amount of protein foods.

Routine - at the moment its three times a week, upper body monday and thursday, legs saturday. Feels like I could be exercising more but I'm gonna see how it works out, a friend recommended it but different routines work well for different people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big P)
    Creatine is not really for teenagers as far as i ve heard. It is linked to low sperm counts
    Creatine is a naturally occuring protein and is present in sperm....seems strange therefore that it mght lead to a lower sperm count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    I take it nobody wants to tell me then? I only ask because I reckon 90% of people who take creatine dont have a clue about proper training and diet
    Well I know a bit, but it's not as if I've dedicated my life to exercise or anything and know every single thing there is to know about it! Anyway, there are so many myths and rumours to do with the subject its almost impossible to say what 'proper' training and diet actually is- even ignoring rumours, not all experts agree on what the best way is for someone to train; it all comes down to personal preference. I've had disagreements with people about different approaches to training and they have branded mine incorrect- this is not the case at all; in most instances I have tried their approach and have found that it does not work best for me.

ReputationRep:
    Creatine gives you a great pump... and your lifts will go up as a result of the increased energy it gives you.

Some bodybuilders complain about the water retention, but my guess is you dont care.

Go for it!

ReputationRep:
    I use creatine, I like it

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.