Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did the OCR History Controlled Assessment on Black Civil Rights this year and my teacher told me that my mark for it was in the "top band" but could not tell me me any more. The assessment was out of 50. Could anyone tell me what this mark could be?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I can't really remember everything but I'm pretty sure it would give you either an A* or A. I am pretty sure you can get an A even if you're top band because there are 3 criteria and you can drop a few marks from each and still be top band however it is predicted an A* might be around 46. Hopefully an A* for you though! The mark in terms of numbers would be over like 42 though I guess?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!! Did you do the CA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp00)
    Thanks!! Did you do the CA?
    Yep! I did

ReputationRep:
    what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp00)
    what did you get?
    48/50! I could have got the full marks but I rushed it towards the end

ReputationRep:
    what would 30 be?

ReputationRep:
    Well, considering that classic 22 said that 42/50 was A/A*, I would guess either a B or a C...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dp00)
    Well, considering that classic 22 said that 42/50 was A/A*, I would guess either a B or a C...
    Grade boundaries are very high... we were told 32 was a C and I forgot B and 41ish(???) for an A and 46 for an A*. Although top band covers some A grades too. If that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    But surely the grade doesn't matter but the percentage?

ReputationRep:
    I think if you referred to them as 'black throughout' then maybe a b?

ReputationRep:
    What was the question you had in the end? Just curious after having done it last year!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.