The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
shiny
:biggrin:

You crazy!

But not as crazy as those that think that the River is the place to be at 5.30am!!! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Slight explanation - no thread in this subforum can stay ontopic because they all turn into a boatie thread, a medic thread or both. This is kinda like the whole "If you tie a buttered piece of toast to a cat will it create some weird matrix thingy?"
So post away boaties and medics! We're doing science here!
Reply 3
Acaila
Slight explanation - no thread in this subforum can stay ontopic because they all turn into a boatie thread, a medic thread or both. This is kinda like the whole "If you tie a buttered piece of toast to a cat will it create some weird matrix thingy?"
So post away boaties and medics! We're doing science here!

I gathered :smile:
Reply 4
Fluffy knows science. She can act as Consultant :biggrin:
Reply 5
You'll note that so far I'm the only medic to actually post here. You haven't even caught any boaties yet... :wink:
Reply 6
Helenia
You'll note that so far I'm the only medic to actually post here. You haven't even caught any boaties yet... :wink:

Fluffy is medic in waiting :smile:
Reply 7
I think the thread has to be about something else first before it is hijacked by the medics, so maybe some kind of quantum stuff thrown into the experiment?!

Edit, in ref to the post below, (didnt want to interupt the medics roaming!) now i understand the experiment!
Reply 8
Nonono, the point is, we have to see if the medics and boaties can hijack it when it's talking about what they would talk about if they hijacked it.
So we really should shut up with this scientific mumbling and let them roam free.
Reply 9
Hmmm, but where's the fun if it's not hijacking in the first place?!?
Reply 10
You get a thread officially dedicated to you to make you feel special :smile:

So....how about them oars eh? :confused: :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Acaila
You get a thread officially dedicated to you to make you feel special :smile:

So....how about them oars eh? :confused: :rolleyes:

We know we're special already :biggrin:

And they're called blades :wink:
Reply 12
See! I'd make a great boatie :biggrin:
Reply 13
This sucks, I'm going to go hijack something.
Reply 14
Helenia

And they're called blades :wink:

That took 3 minutes longer than I expected :tongue:
Reply 15
Fluffy

We need a seed of conversation, we can't make something out of nothing! Notice that I've never started a thread!
Reply 16
sbailey
We need a seed of conversation, we can't make something out of nothing! Notice that I've never started a thread!

OK, I'll start: What are people's views on Schroedinger's cat... Should it be punished for its indecisiveness?
Reply 17
Fluffy

Sorry, I was busy hijacking! :tongue:

sbailey
Same philosophy. I had always said to myself that I'd give it my best in third term tho, whilst not being so slack in first and second terms that my effort in third term amounted to nothing.

EDIT: I never handed in any of my essays late, I guess I wasn't ever that slack really. I skipped reading dissection dozens of times tho (bad idea) and I never attempted any of the biochem practical write-ups before the review sessions. (Well I did what I could of the last one, but things were getting a bit more serious by then)

I never handed essays in late, I just wrote appalling ones at the last minute with no proper research on them at all. I mostly read dissection, but one memorable one in Lent term I just hadn't been able to as I was feeling so awful, and got a really picky demonstrator who nearly made me cry. And she bullied me about my stool. :frown: The other times I didn't read it, I'd had the v T's, and it was easy to get away with it with them :wink:
Reply 18
Helenia
Sorry, I was busy hijacking! :tongue:

I never handed essays in late, I just wrote appalling ones at the last minute with no proper research on them at all. I mostly read dissection, but one memorable one in Lent term I just hadn't been able to as I was feeling so awful, and got a really picky demonstrator who nearly made me cry. And she bullied me about my stool. :frown: The other times I didn't read it, I'd had the v T's, and it was easy to get away with it with them :wink:
The thing I found was that just reading it for half an hour didn't help more than looking at the diagrams and reading the key points. So, given that I didn't have the time or inclination to do it thoroughly (Trinity peeps told me it takes 4 hours to prepare properly) I decided this was the best thing to do.

EDIT: It took me a while to figure this out unfortunately...
Reply 19
medics & boaties..? i feel i really should respond to this one! :tongue:

except - my medic status hinges in oh-so-soon-to-be-published exam results & my boatie is far far away.. *bottom lip quivers*

Latest

Trending

Trending