The Student Room Group

How to apply to top courses with low grades

I am very confused as to what to do. This year I am taking my As levels and think best case scenario I will get BBC this results day . Seeing as there's a new system - I have no AS grades that count to next years grades so unis will offer me places based on predicted grades my teacher set and from my exams I just sat.
what grades do you think my teachers will predict me for A2? Could I get offers from unis with AAB as the requirements? .
Original post by anaighj
I am very confused as to what to do. This year I am taking my As levels and think best case scenario I will get BBC this results day . Seeing as there's a new system - I have no AS grades that count to next years grades so unis will offer me places based on predicted grades my teacher set and from my exams I just sat.
what grades do you think my teachers will predict me for A2? Could I get offers from unis with AAB as the requirements? .

You need to speak to your teachers to find out what they'll take into account to make your predictions and what they'll expect to see from you in the Autumn in order to predict higher grades than your AS....and then you need to deliver what they want to see in the Autumn.

Universities and UCAS have asked schools to explain what they've used for making predictions within the reference and it's understood that AS levels will no longer be a good predictor of A level success

Quick Reply

Latest