Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've seen a lot of people have already got their tickets for freshers week events and was wondering what everyone plans on going to. Also if there are people who have finished uni what events or tickets would you recommend buying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LTC1)
    I've bought 3 tickets. F*ck me its freshers, freshers house party and icebreaker.
    They're supposed to be some of the best events. Hope that helps
    I'm not a Sheffield Hallam student, but they run all of those events across the country. They're not popular at all. Nobody goes to them. It'll just be a waste of money unfortunately - I would get refunds now. The other 'people' that say they've got tickets in all the unofficial freshers groups are just other promoters/fake accounts trying to get some hype going - they're not actually students that will be arriving in September.

When you find out who your flatmates are discuss what you all want to do and go together - it'll be more fun if you all do the same thing, and cheaper if you decide what to do one or two nights before rather than buying a load of stuff in advance and only going to half of the events.

Check here for a list of stuff that your union is putting on - I don't know what's likely to sell out, but I can guarantee you that the majority of these events will be the most popular:
    https://www.hallamstudentsunion.com/whatson/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.