Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Notice the 'YOU' emphasised, a ploy to draw you in, quite clever, actually)

Anyway, a somewhat awkward topic of discussion, but one that must be duly dealt with, like the toilet or the perils of child birth. (You must crack some eggs if you want an omelette, one can say that one has never had an omelette).
    Ok, I will stop digressing. If the university rejects me, for example, I will probably...in fact I don't know what I would do, I've thought about it and I thought by typing on here, I would be granted some instant inspiration, yet it has not arrived. I would still like to see what you people, my comrades will do, if worst comes to worst, or if their other comrades fail and you must console them.

ReputationRep:

I'll cry. And be depressed. And then i'll get on with things for a bit. And then cry. And be depressed.

It happened last year so i have good practice.

ReputationRep:
    Sue them for racism.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Oi you NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . They wont reject me :cool: and then say I know where you live

ReputationRep:
    I would either apply again a year later; or carry out my alternative life ambition.

ReputationRep:
    Try to bribe them with sexual favours/money i dont have?

Failing that cry and scream

...and failing that go for "i have freinds in high places and they know where you live..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    I would either apply again a year later; or carry out my alternative life ambition.
    So what is your alternative life ambition? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I would---try a bit harder on some resit A-levels. Then go and do a whole load of work experience, and cool stuff which unis look for. Then get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Mine is to retire at the age of 25 as a multimillionaire. I don't know why other don't decide to do that...I mean, it seems so simple. You just get rich. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Mine is to retire at the age of 25 as a multimillionaire. I don't know why other don't decide to do that...I mean, it seems so simple. You just get rich. :rolleyes:
    Best of luck with that. I can only wish that i would be a multimillonaire by the age of 25.

ReputationRep:
    Ask nicely, then go for my insurance. Which, by the way, has BATHS in its ensuites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gayboy09)
    (Notice the 'YOU' emphasised, a ploy to draw you in, quite clever, actually)

Anyway, a somewhat awkward topic of discussion, but one that must be duly dealt with, like the toilet or the perils of child birth. (You must crack some eggs if you want an omelette, one can say that one has never had an omelette).
    Ok, I will stop digressing. If the university rejects me, for example, I will probably...in fact I don't know what I would do, I've thought about it and I thought by typing on here, I would be granted some instant inspiration, yet it has not arrived. I would still like to see what you people, my comrades will do, if worst comes to worst, or if their other comrades fail and you must console them.
    The YOU thing was actually very clever, I'm embarrassed to say it worked on me.

What do you mean by THE university? Which one are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Footie Manager.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know

There's a very real possibility that I'll just miss my grades - if I do, it'll just be devestating. I'm already mentally preparing myself to go to this particular university. I've even got a job lined up there. So it's just gonna be like the world's ended if I don't get in Even if I get a place somewhere else through clearing, it will just mess me up all psychologically :P

ReputationRep:
    I was rejected from 6/6 UCAS options. I found out one evening after logging onto my UCAS account. First I was shocked, then upset, then worried, then depressed. Eventually, I accepted that going to university wasn't to be and I decided to get a full time job. I gave UCAS Extra a go and got an offer on the first place I applied too. I met the grades and got in.

ReputationRep:
    If my uni rejects me I will just continue working, just for a bit longer, but I'll still go to japan for a month or so, and then come back and go to college or something.

ReputationRep:
    Well since I will be applying for six, hopefully at least one will accept me! If not, I don't know. Maybe I'll try UCAS extra or clearing. If that doesn't work out I'll take a gap year

ReputationRep:
    I was told that if I miss my grades to phone them up and do not automatically presume that I have been rejected. This was at an open day that was held for those who were made offers to. I've been told many universities would accept you if you were not far off, such as one grade. If the university really wanted you and you missed by one grade I guess they are not going to be that picky, especially if you made a good impression to them when you applied and did so fairly early.

Personally, since being made an offer I have contacted the admissions tutor (twice) who was responsible for making me an offer on information regarding to a topic within law. She seemed to be very impressed and I have given my UCAS number etc so if she wanted to know who exactly I was from the emails she can use the number I gave.

She acknowledged me in my second email regarding to the previous one I sent, which were not exactly day after each other, in fact, several weeks. I wouldn't remember that so maybe it's a good sign.

I'd carry on another year at college and choose different universities (maybe not all 6 though). This was what my tutor advised me, and it's just as well I don't have to retire that early, which was my previous life ambition (civilian airlinepilot). I'm just not too good at exams first time round and boost my grades dramatically second time around without much revision. This is annoying because if I wanted to retake a summer exam I would have to do so in the next academic year, oh well.

ReputationRep:
    errrr....sleep with the admissions officer?

ReputationRep:
    go back to sleep

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.