Turn on thread page Beta

What YOU will do if the University Rejects YOU. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    errrr....sleep with the admissions officer?
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    errrr....sleep with the admissions officer?
    and the tutor at the same time that way you can get extention in essays when they accept you

ReputationRep:
    i will think that MaYBE i am not ment to go to that uni
    life is so much more then that, but sometimes when u got "trap"
    into this kinda of environment and pressure, a lot of times u just need some time to get over it.
    not worth to drop a single tear for it.
    "FATE"
    there are so many things in life to blam for if u keep digging it.
    so might as well just stand out of the circle and think from other angles.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Sue them for racism.

lol

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I might see if I can study over in japan so i can learn the language better.

ReputationRep:
    Go back to school and do an A-level in English in a year, then reapply to do English.

.....or, If i'm feeling particularly depressed, I shall flee to north canada and live in a shack for a year.

ReputationRep:
    i have a friend who missed her offer for kcl and they rejected her, so she went to kcl in person and literally begged them to take her, convincing them that she'll work really hard and won't fall behind-they were convinced and they accepted her!

ReputationRep:
    I'd check if they'd accept me anyway (it's likely German will be the thing that makes me miss my grades, not too important for a comp sci course), and if they didn't ask if they have any joint honours / different courses I might be interested in with lower entry reqs..

ReputationRep:
    Id probably do some voluntary work and take a couple of A levels, would say travel as well but can't afford it probably just get drunk alot in truth

ReputationRep:
    I will cry and beg them to let me in.
    On second thoughts, I probably wouldn't and I'd end up moping for a while then apply for a Uni in a different country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    So noone would consider going to their insurance place or trying to get a place somewhere through clearing?
    Unfortunately, I didn't even apply for an insurance coz' my firm is an ABC offer and the only other thing I could use for insurance was Leeds with BBB.

I'm more likely to achieve ABC than BBB anyway, and I'd prefer to go to another coutnry.

ReputationRep:
    You could improve your grades and apply next year, or do an alternative qualification the require lower grades (e.g. HNC/HND, foundation degree. after that you transfer to a degree course).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    So noone would consider going to their insurance place or trying to get a place somewhere through clearing?
    Me!! I've already got a list of unis that offer english through ucas extra in the hope that it will indicate they'll be available for clearing, so that I can think about where to look on the 19th if things go badly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalsunshine)
    Me!! I've already got a list of unis that offer english through ucas extra in the hope that it will indicate they'll be available for clearing, so that I can think about where to look on the 19th if things go badly!

I have the same! I even put together a list using last years clearing list for one of my friends who thinks he's missed his grades. But if I don't make my insurance, I'll be really annoyed- but best to be prepared anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have had 2 rejections out of the 6 (Manchester and Nottingham). I found out from both on the tracking service on UCAS - I found out Manchester's 2 days before christmas and Nottingham's on the day of my January exams. I laughed - because I expected it, but I was later dissapointed with not getting into Manchester.

If I didn't get into Leeds (my firm) I don't think I would take it badly - just accept it and move on. The point is, I have not totally devouted myself to one subject - so I've left my choices open if I need to go through clearing etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    i have a friend who missed her offer for kcl and they rejected her, so she went to kcl in person and literally begged them to take her, convincing them that she'll work really hard and won't fall behind-they were convinced and they accepted her!
    That's impressive! How much did she miss her offer by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    I was rejected from 6/6 UCAS options. I found out one evening after logging onto my UCAS account. First I was shocked, then upset, then worried, then depressed. Eventually, I accepted that going to university wasn't to be and I decided to get a full time job. I gave UCAS Extra a go and got an offer on the first place I applied too. I met the grades and got in.
    Sorry to hear that mate. Which subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    go back to sleep
    Hehe yes. I predict that will be my primary course of action on August 19th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    I have the same! I even put together a list using last years clearing list for one of my friends who thinks he's missed his grades. But if I don't make my insurance, I'll be really annoyed- but best to be prepared anyway.

Yay!! I'm not the only obsessively organised person around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalsunshine)
    Yay!! I'm not the only obsessively organised person around
    Making list of possible clearing places means I can avoid thinking about results day! I just hate the waiting

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.