Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone sit this paper today?

It was a mix of being utterly horrible, confusing and some straightforward questions.

The baby head and body on the graph paper question was weird - wondering what people put for that?

I didn't like the standard error questions either.

ReputationRep:
    i found the whole exam pretty good tbh, the hardest question was the last one (dont really remember it tho). other than that the weird wording of the translation question really threw me off as it took me a good 10 minutes to know what they were asking for.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I was the only one doing this syllabus on this form for a moment. lol

I didn't mind the translation question. The last one was horrible, I hadn't practised standard error though. And I wasn't sure how to do the last calculation on it at first either - but then it suddenly twigged.

Thought the opening questions were a bit tricky too - not the usual easing in questions. I don't even remember learning whose cells the umbilical cord belong to, certainly isn't covered in the book - and it's only through my limited knowledge on stem cell collection that I knew about the cells of the umbilical cord, but them it said the membrane...so I was like, wtf.

Good luck for today's exam.

ReputationRep:
    hahah yeah we really are scarce on this forum.
    i also did find the earlier questions a bit difficult like the baby head size ratio, I think i got them right but wasn't too sure as i haven't really seen anything like it before.
    how did u find unit 5 ?

ReputationRep:
    I thought unit 5 was so easy - the main body. The last cancer one I was a bit unsure about, however.

Then I got to the essay question. I'd be practising a couple of things I thought would come-up - and none of them did, although I had considered practising complementary/specific shapes. Ended-up plumping for the 'abiotic and biotic factors' question, which I regretted part way through. Really think I've lost a pile of marks in my essay - so annoyed!

ReputationRep:
    overall i found the exam pretty good, but i can never be too sure about that. Either way i also found the cancer 4 marker question difficult, could really think about much to write for that.
    the essay seem good as i went for the specific shapes question, which is involved in all of the units i think so it was a safe play for me. gl with your results !

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with your results too.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.