Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you want to live in a world without music? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Discuss?

*Be warned, content is somewhat soppy*
    Been alone all day and sitting in my bedroom listening to beautiful music in bed I got just a tad reflective. I posed the question to myself what would I do without music? What would I do if music had never existed? Would I want to live in a music-less world?
    Personally, music is the most inspiring art form, it fulfils so many roles, it acts as a release from pressure, an agent to make you happy, a stimulant for a weary mind to just name a few. So if music didn’t exist where would I go to do all the above in the one go? The answer is I don’t know, and I don’t know if I would want to live in a world without music

ReputationRep:
    No, music is my life! I wouldn't mind having nice music wherever I go.

Actually, silence is pretty wonderful too.

But no music? gosh...that's one thing I'd hate about becoming deaf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloudy)
    Discuss?
    I would rather live in a world with music but I wouldn't want to die if their wasn't any if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I would rather live in a world with music but I wouldn't want to die if their wasn't any if that makes sense.
    Yeah I agree.

But without music, life would be so grim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Yeah I agree.

But without music, life would be so grim.
    Wouldnt we find something else to replace it with tho? like mimes

ReputationRep:
    Discuss?
    I'm involved in quite a lot of musical type of activities and bands and things and did music at GCSE and AS-level and I always find that if I do too many concerts or recitals in a short space of time I start to hate music. I can never quite understand it when people say music is their life...it's a big part of mine but it can drive me mad just as easily as make me happy!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: My life would end if music was taken away from me. Everyday i get a new album so taking it away would be awful . So i wouldnt want to continue living if it was taken away . What would life be like without Mary J :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    :eek: My life would end if music was taken away from me. Everyday i get a new album so taking it away would be awful . So i wouldnt want to continue living if it was taken away . What would life be like without Mary J :rolleyes:
    how can you afford to get a new album every day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah101)
    how can you afford to get a new album every day?
    Well i tell fibs. I get albums in the following ways:

1. I buy them :mad:
    2. I download them
    3. I get all the promos from my mates who work in HMV
    4. I sometimes buy albums record them on minidisc and then take them back
    AND FINALLY
    5. I always have something to celebrate so i get mates to buy me albums :cool:

. There you go, plus they arnt all expensive there are some good sales at the mo

ReputationRep:
    Well i tell fibs. I get albums in the following ways:

1. I buy them :mad:
    2. I download them
    3. I get all the promos from my mates who work in HMV
    4. I sometimes buy albums record them on minidisc and then take them back
    AND FINALLY
    5. I always have something to celebrate so i get mates to buy me albums :cool:

. There you go, plus they arnt all expensive there are some good sales at the mo
    I see. I agree about sales. Although I have a hell of a lot of albums i bought in the sales and then wondered why afterwards! At least it means i have a varied collection.

ReputationRep:
    I see. I agree about sales. Although I have a hell of a lot of albums i bought in the sales and then wondered why afterwards! At least it means i have a varied collection.
    Are you telling me that you don't agree with any of the other 4 ways i get my albums? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Are you telling me that you don't agree with any of the other 4 ways i get my albums? :rolleyes:
    Yes that is exactly what I am saying. They are against my beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    Yes that is exactly what I am saying. They are against my beliefs.
    Just had to be clear

ReputationRep:
    Just had to be clear
    Do you play a musical instrument or just listen to it?

ReputationRep:
    Do you play a musical instrument or just listen to it?
    I listen to it, i would like to play a musical instrument though. What about you Do you play a musical instrument or just listen to music?

ReputationRep:
    I listen to it, i would like to play a musical instrument though. What about you Do you play a musical instrument or just listen to music?
    Well, i sing and play clarinet, both to grade 8 standard. I was just thinking, whilst a lot of people get pleasure from listening to music, many of the most successful musicians and people who actually play perform seem to be rather tortured souls. And that's the same as me...I like listening to music, but playing it in front of people generally leaves me full of self-doubt. But I still do it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, i sing and play clarinet, both to grade 8 standard. I was just thinking, whilst a lot of people get pleasure from listening to music, many of the most successful musicians and people who actually play perform seem to be rather tortured souls. And that's the same as me...I like listening to music, but playing it in front of people generally leaves me full of self-doubt. But I still do it.
    But why? I'm sure your good at what you do and to be able to stand in front of people and play shows that your good at what you do. So why the self doubt? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Discuss?
    My answer would depend on whether you mean music is not allowed ie. illegal, in which case I'll take my chances and start an underground group and sell music on the black market, however if you mean as in music simply does not, has not, and never will exist, well then just put me out of my missery right now. Music plays a major part in my life, I have a band, I play guitar and sing, I am a powwow dancer, and I cannot clean house or drive unless I have the radio blasting. No I cannot even begin to imagine my life with out music in it, the absence alone would be enough to kill me.

ReputationRep:
    powwow dancer? sounds erm interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    powwow dancer? sounds erm interesting
    Not to be confused with a pole dancer, lol.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.